Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2nd Annual COPS Party/Michigan >

2nd Annual COPS Party/Michigan

Notices

2nd Annual COPS Party/Michigan

Old 01-30-2005, 03:17 PM
cashbrain05

Default 2nd Annual COPS Party/Michigan

The COPS organization would to extend an open inviatation to attend our Dinner on March 12th in South Haven.C'mon Michigan boaters...we would like you to meet the new Board of Directors and meet COPS members from Illinois,Indiana, and Wisconsin.

[SIZE=3]Lake Michigan Winter Get Away Weekend & Skater Factory Tour[/SIZE]
This event is sponsored by C.O.P.S. but everyone is welcome
This second annual get away weekend on March 12 is sure to be another success. We have booked an ENTIRE Inn on the Harbor in picturesque Downtown South Haven. This quaint lakeside community is located only two hours from Chicago and an hour from Grand Rapids.

We have a fun weekend planned; we will start with lunch at our hotel, the Old Harbor Inn, and follow with a tour of Douglas Marine. As you know Douglas Marine is home to Skater, the most widely recognized high-performance catamaran in the world. You will have a chance to visit this 100,000 square foot facility, and view upwards of 50 boats in various stages of production. This is a must see for all offshore enthusiasts

The evening will start at York’s Landing, which is at the inn for Happy Hour. During cocktails marine experts such as Jim Valeko of Valeko Race Heads will be available to answer any technical questions you may have. Dinner will be at Tellos Trattori & Cabaret, followed by dancing and billiards. In the morning the inn will provide us with a continental breakfast. Dinner will be your choice of flank steak or Chicken Margarita with a side of pasta, salad, and homemade tiramisu. Cost for the dinner will be $22.00 if paid by March 1st and $26.00 if paid later.

We have been given a special room rate of $79.00, for harbor and town view rooms, (includes breakfast), keep in mind this is an inn so availability is limited. For those romantic souls a few rooms with fireplaces and Jacuzzis are available at a higher price. Please visit the hotels web page and then call them at their 800 to make your reservations with them. The earlier you book the better choice of rooms you will have, and remember to tell them you are with COPS.

Post here if you would like to attend, and then forward me your email address to make your dinner and tour reservations. [email protected] In about two weeks I will email you a flyer with all the details and information on how to pay for the dinner. For those of you that are within driving distance you are welcome to join us just for the dinner and tour.
www.skaterpowerboats.com/
www.oldharborinn.com/

Old 01-31-2005, 07:23 AM
cashbrain05

Default Re: 2nd Annual COPS Party/Michigan

Please check on Lake Michigan/Skater tour thread as well

Old 02-01-2005, 06:36 AM
cashbrain05

10 rooms left...please make your reservations asap

Old 02-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just made my reservation and they had five rooms left. Don`t wait any longer.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Valeko and "marine expert" in the same sentence.... sorry but I gotta LOL!!!!

Just razzing you Jim.

Might be able to make it as a day trip. And I recommend the Skater tour highly! We did it last winter and had a very good and informing time.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Registered

Made my reservation!!! Can't wait to see the Skater shop!!!