Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   MIAMI rental car help (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95558-miami-rental-car-help.html)

mcollinstn 01-31-2005 03:07 PM

MIAMI rental car help

landing in FLL 11am 2/16
leaving FLL 2pm 2/21

There will be five of us (we're not teeny guys) for 5 days, and we'll have 2 more joining us for 2 days.

We're trying like crazy to locate ANYTHING with three seats.
A Suburban, an Olds Vista Cruiser station wagon with woodgrained sides, a minivan, etc.

All minivans are sold out. Found some insanely priced SUV's but they're frickin EXPLORERS with no more room than a car...
I've got excellent insurance, no tickets in three years, and I don't drive drunk. Does anybody have a spare minivan they'd want to rent out for that time period? I'd be glad to supply you with a 2004/2005 Ford Taurus from Enterprise, etc, for that duration in trade. We just really don't want to have to split our group up with two cars...

We came "this close" to driving a Powerstroke Excursion down, but one of our group is "too prima donna" to ride 1000 miles in one day.

Any ideas?

Sean H 01-31-2005 03:16 PM

Re: MIAMI rental car help

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
landing in FLL 11am 2/16
leaving FLL 2pm 2/21

There will be five of us (we're not teeny guys) for 5 days, and we'll have 2 more joining us for 2 days.

We're trying like crazy to locate ANYTHING with three seats.
A Suburban, an Olds Vista Cruiser station wagon with woodgrained sides, a minivan, etc.

All minivans are sold out. Found some insanely priced SUV's but they're frickin EXPLORERS with no more room than a car...
I've got excellent insurance, no tickets in three years, and I don't drive drunk. Does anybody have a spare minivan they'd want to rent out for that time period? I'd be glad to supply you with a 2004/2005 Ford Taurus from Enterprise, etc, for that duration in trade. We just really don't want to have to split our group up with two cars...

We came "this close" to driving a Powerstroke Excursion down, but one of our group is "too prima donna" to ride 1000 miles in one day.

Any ideas?

make him fly down and leave him at the airport for about 4 hours and then pick him up in the PSD excursion...... :D

mcollinstn 01-31-2005 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
make him fly down and leave him at the airport for about 4 hours and then pick him up in the PSD excursion...... :D

Yeah, if we hadn't already caved and let him book all of us on US Air...
But now we're booked.

mc

BZ 01-31-2005 08:57 PM

are you flying into miami or ft lauerdale??? i might be able to help

puder 01-31-2005 09:29 PM

you heading down for the show?

if so we're meeting up and i'm dragging your ass down to the sunseeker display and you aint; leavign wihtouth a new boat!!!!!!

mcollinstn 01-31-2005 09:39 PM

Bob,

We're flying into FLL 11am 16th.
I have actually found a minivan but the rate is $422. Entertaining better deals.
If we had looked closer at the rental car situation before booking our flight, we'd probably have flown one of us into Orlando first, attended the auto auction, purchased a Suburban or similar, and then the remainder of us flown in and got picked up.

* pick up a good deal on a truck
* have plenty of room for the crew
* save money on a rental car
* retail it and make a few $$ when we get home.

Puder.
Get me some free tickets to the show (and the special VIP Sunseeker spa and massage treatment). I'll be there from 16th thru noon 21st. I'm sure we'll get to the Sunseekers. PM your cell and we'll find each other there.

mc

BZ 01-31-2005 09:58 PM

$422 thats not per day??? by the sounds of things you are a car dealer that info might help???

Audiofn 01-31-2005 10:06 PM

Get one of those utility vans. That way when all your bros puke in the back you just hose it out for day two :D:D

mcollinstn 01-31-2005 11:17 PM

$422 is 1pm Wed 16th thru 1pm Mon 21st.

Car dealer, yes. Among other things...

Cargo van is a big NO. Puking is to be done OUT OF WINDOWS. Cargo vans are extremely short on windows.

Good for serial killings.
Bad for pukings.

Still looking.

PhantomChaos 01-31-2005 11:32 PM

You don't need a car! Cab it! YOu can be wasted the whole time! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: