Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Going fast in "V" in Rhode Island (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95726-going-fast-v-rhode-island.html)

rouxsterre 02-02-2005 10:51 PM

Re: Going fast in "V" in Rhode Island

Man . . . oh man.

LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR. . . the secrecy, the intrigue, the PONIES.
Reggie should just go out and set the bar. In a wicked cool 47'er that the World has never seen. Gasping . . . sucking air . . . scrapping the banners.

Hey . . . there's always NEXT year.

105mph_38_2003 02-03-2005 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
This sh1t is more hush hush than NASA.You would need sattelite pics for either boat.

Does the flux capacitor run on plutonium or run on refuse? :evilb: :D :evilb: :D :drink:

Sean H 02-03-2005 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by 105mph_38_2003
Does the flux capacitor run on plutonium or run on refuse? :evilb: :D :evilb: :D :drink:

the question is does it have the hover conversion yet?

DollaBill 02-03-2005 07:25 AM

They are already pushing 200 (my team :)). Reggie and Ben were at 183 out of the 177 pass last summer. I have to talk to some people who would have a good inside scoop today. I'll keep you posted with any details.

DollaBill 02-03-2005 07:27 AM

One more thing. OL is an ubelievable boat and hat's off to Mike, but the records have to be done in the same conditions, etc. to be legit. It is obvious that you can go faster in a 5 mile stretch than a kilo.

JCPERF 02-03-2005 07:38 AM

Reggie will just have to keep the Washington train bridge open for Michael this year when he goes for the kilo. :D

DollaBill 02-03-2005 07:40 AM

You know there have been a few problems with the law and guys blowing thru that thing, right? funny story.

JCPERF 02-03-2005 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
You know there have been a few problems with the law and guys blowing thru that thing, right? funny story.

Reggie was one of the first boats up when they had the bridge open.Mike was 15th i think when the bridge was closed.I am not taking sides but as you say it should be done in the same conditions this time.

DollaBill 02-03-2005 08:08 AM

Personally, I think it should be open ended and the people attempting to break the record should say "when". Do it on a certified GPS, same high units. Do it in a mile or 5. Who cares. Fastest is Fastest. I see the #'s as 177, not 171. My .02.

LEOPAJM 02-03-2005 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
47 and big no name power.

Gellner ???