Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Performance Boat school (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95747-performance-boat-school.html)

Tres 02-03-2005 09:28 AM

Performance Boat school

For those of you that are interested, we will be conducting many of the classes in Orlando . This may make it easier for many of you. Please let us know as you are completing the application. Thanks Tres

FountainCS 02-03-2005 09:35 AM

Re: Performance Boat school

Tres, can you add the link to the application and class info again? Thanks.

Shawn

CigDaze 02-03-2005 09:39 AM

http://www.tmoffshore.com/tm-all-school.html

donzimanva 02-03-2005 09:39 AM

A positive comment regarding the Tres Martin Performance Boat School.

I spent a very productive 2 days with Tres in January attending his school. I am a licensed Captain (Master's License), and I thought I was very knowledgeable of every aspect of boat operation.

Turned out that I still had, (and probably still have) lots to learn.

Tres is an excellent instructor and a total professional in the performance boating environment.

I highly recommend that if you operate a go-fast V - stepped or pad, or a CAT, that you take this very valuable training. For that time when something gets hairy out on the water, hopefully a key piece of the knowledge learned in the class may come to your mind fast enough to save your (or your loved one's) bacon.

It is money well spent.

Captain Len Gerylo
Reel Reel Gone Charters
Hampton, Virginia

Tres 02-03-2005 09:47 AM

Thanks Len, I am getting your certificates made up, I will call you today anyway .

Canada Jeff 02-03-2005 11:13 AM

This looks cool, is it just a one day class? How much? I am down there between the 11th and the 22nd, are there any places left?

Canada Jeff 02-03-2005 11:23 AM

I got the info!

LostinBoston 02-03-2005 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by donzimanva
A positive comment regarding the Tres Martin Performance Boat School.

I spent a very productive 2 days with Tres in January attending his school. I am a licensed Captain (Master's License), and I thought I was very knowledgeable of every aspect of boat operation.

Turned out that I still had, (and probably still have) lots to learn.

Tres is an excellent instructor and a total professional in the performance boating environment.

I highly recommend that if you operate a go-fast V - stepped or pad, or a CAT, that you take this very valuable training. For that time when something gets hairy out on the water, hopefully a key piece of the knowledge learned in the class may come to your mind fast enough to save your (or your loved one's) bacon.

It is money well spent.

Captain Len Gerylo
Reel Reel Gone Charters
Hampton, Virginia

Ditto. I think everyone can learn something from this class, i sure did. it may be hard to get some of the guys who have been running these bats for years to take a class, but it will be worth your time. And someone who just buys a fast boat and hasnt run one before i think shoudl definetly take this class and cut down on the accident rate.

Tres 02-07-2005 10:04 AM

Knowing how to use your boat the proper way is important, as much as I thought I knew about motorcycles, after taking the motorcycle safety class,,,, I found out I had alot more to learn and apply that everytime I ride. And you have to break certain old habits.

formula1 02-07-2005 06:31 PM

Not to be ignorant, but is there any "on the water" training time or is it all classroom? A few years back I tried to sign up for the Wellcraft Performance Driving School in Sarasota, Fl. But seem like there was never enough room. They did both on the water and classroom training and then took you out on a Scarab 33 AVS in the Gulf! :evilb: