Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Can anyone recommend a dock construction company on Grand Lake (OK)? >

Can anyone recommend a dock construction company on Grand Lake (OK)?

Notices

Can anyone recommend a dock construction company on Grand Lake (OK)?

Old 02-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Can anyone recommend a dock construction company on Grand Lake (OK)?

We had our dock built by Baker's last year. They did an excellent job, and are very responsive if a problem should arise. Make sure you check out the restrictions the GRDA has laid down this year for new dock constructions. I understand that stira foam is no longer acceptable.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Registered

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a dock construction company on Grand Lake (OK)?

Originally Posted by NickOTeen
We had our dock built by Baker's last year. They did an excellent job, and are very responsive if a problem should arise. Make sure you check out the restrictions the GRDA has laid down this year for new dock constructions. I understand that stira foam is no longer acceptable.
NickO Your right on the new rules. Not sure how they ended up but they were requiring permission from your neighbors not sure if they stayed with the incpsalated foam or not but well worth checking into. Bakers does a great job.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

James is correct. Please look over the GRDA Website on the new rules effective this
year. Some changes have taken place. Especially on tree cutting and dock permits.
If you can find out who the patrolman is for your area, meet with him to ensure
there are no suprises once you get the work done.

Baker and Goldner are both very good. There is also Morrison dock service in Langley.
I used Goldner to build a 5th wheel pivot on my walkway and they were there earlier
than required and came in under estimated cost.

Welcome to the lake, 1stfntn!!!

OR
Old 02-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OLDRAT
James is correct. Please look over the GRDA Website on the new rules effective this
year. Some changes have taken place. Especially on tree cutting and dock permits.
If you can find out who the patrolman is for your area, meet with him to ensure
there are no suprises once you get the work done.

Baker and Goldner are both very good. There is also Morrison dock service in Langley.
I used Goldner to build a 5th wheel pivot on my walkway and they were there earlier
than required and came in under estimated cost.

Welcome to the lake, 1stfntn!!!

OR
Hey there. The link to the rules is http://www.grda.com/Water/docks.html will kind of let you know what is going on. Good luck
Old 02-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Registered

Check out Safe Harbor Docks out of Owasso,OK. They built our dock and it is encapsulated and they use NO wood, it should last forever! There number is 918-376-2756.