Notices

I Hate Thieves........

Old 02-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Re: I Hate Thieves........

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Ahhhhh, you're making me blush, you say the nicest things about me.

Oh yeah, there was a note on my trailer from the Sheriff's Deputy who followed me home last night warning me that one of their "youngin's" was on duty today and if he saw me with no lights, he'd make me park the trailer until the lights were working. All I need right now is to get pulled over by him and get into a hassle about the lights, when realistically it's my fault. I hate being responsible sometimes. So no boating today.

I'm going to buy two adaptors so I'm never caught off guard again. Goes with my always having three "butt plugs" and two crescent wrenches in same door map panel. You wouldn't believe how many times guys have asked me to borrow the wrench because they had no way to install their butt plug.

Just another day in paradise.
Why not jerry rig the thing together for the day? Just strip the wires, and start taping things together.

I can't believe Liopa has had three stolen. Time to start using proprietary connectors, or insulate the housing from ground and hook a fence charger to it.

Good luck!

Michael
Old 02-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent a lot of time and did a killer job on rewiring and adding all new LED lighting including four additional side lights on the trailer including running a seperate 12 guage ground wire to each LED unit. I don't really want to jury rig anything, knowing my luck I'll just end up causing myself more problems. I'll pick one up at the Dodge dealer tomorrow and order a back up from West Marine. Thanks for the idea though.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
Put axle grease on the bottom of it where they can't see it.

Good idea but how long it'll be before I stick MY hand in it???
Old 02-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by masher44
Formula, I see you put on your gold and black jersey and are currently seeking that POS out!

Ahhhh, yes. Problem is I have NO idea who might have grabbed it. Just next time I'll unhook the damn lights while I go in and get ice.

Some people just suck chit.....
Old 02-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Registered

Just ordered one online from West Marine and will be sent directly here. That will give me a backup so this doesn't happen again.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Just ordered one online from West Marine and will be sent directly here. That will give me a backup so this doesn't happen again.
Or you can move up to New York to get away from all that crime.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Or you can move up to New York to get away from all that crime.

Now WHY didn't I think of that........?????????????
Old 02-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FormulaOutlaw, Discount Auto Parts has tons of the adaptors, I have always found them in there. Pretty reasonable too.

Theft sucks, I had two Sea Doo's stolen off my dock in Palm City a few years ago fourth of July night, docked the boat, went home (we were renovating the house on the water) and got a call from the mason the next morning that my lift was at the bottom of the river, he thought I was out on the skis at 7AM! One was on the beach next door to the house, it had run out of gas, and the other was recovered in a Port St. Lucie backyard like six months or a year later, thrashed and not running. The idiot who stole it gouged the FL numbers out of the gelcoat, rather than taking a razor blade and some alcohol . . . phucking morons! Turns out the little bastard was only 14 and had done this many times before! Oh well . . . now I am ranting!

Harry - Stuart, Florida
1978 35' Cigarette Mistress
Old 02-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Registered

It is quite easy to get on a "rant" where thieves are concerned. It never ceases to amaze me how the differences in "upbringing" are now coming back to haunt us so badly. We have an entire (not trying to "dis" everyone here but....) generation that so many of them have no respect whatsoever for other people, other people's property, and who think of nothing but themselves. I can only think that when it comes to the "modern" concept of raising children, "well that worked out real friggin good didn't it"??????????
Old 02-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Registered

Put a zip tie around the plug and the plug cover. Even if you use the reusable type zip ties. at least when thief sees it they may think it is there to stay or not be able to just unplug it without cutting the zip tie. It seems to me it would be worth a try for the price of a zip tie. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: I Hate Thieves........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.