Notices

I Hate Thieves........

Old 02-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I Hate Thieves........

Man how desperate do you have to be to steel a trailer plug!!!!! How the hell could they even afford the trailer!!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris L
Put a zip tie around the plug and the plug cover. Even if you use the reusable type zip ties. at least when thief sees it they may think it is there to stay or not be able to just unplug it without cutting the zip tie. It seems to me it would be worth a try for the price of a zip tie. Just a thought.
Good idea. Will give that a try. Thanks....R
Old 02-07-2005, 07:02 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Outlaw......I have several trailers and got tired of keeping track of all the adapters. I cut the 4-way flat off and hard wired a 7-way round plug on the trailer wires. They could cut the plug off, but most A-holes that are going to steal something wouldn't know how to re-wire the plug. Just makes mine less likely to be stolen.
Russ C.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Outlaw......I have several trailers and got tired of keeping track of all the adapters. I cut the 4-way flat off and hard wired a 7-way round plug on the trailer wires. They could cut the plug off, but most A-holes that are going to steal something wouldn't know how to re-wire the plug. Just makes mine less likely to be stolen.
Russ C.

That's another thought too.

Would really like to have a "trip" wire attached to either a 12 guage, or if that's a little extreme, maybe a paint ball gun. Guy grabs the adaptor, smack, right in the kisser with a paint ball. That's be worth the price of an adaptor just to watch.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Man how desperate do you have to be to steel a trailer plug!!!!! How the hell could they even afford the trailer!!!!

Jon, damned if I know. Like I said, that's not the only one I've had ripped off. I've even had my license tag mounting bolts stolen. Mounting bolts......

One of these days if I never have anything to do (like that's gonna happen in this lifetime), I'd go back and park under that big tree with EVERYTHING still attached. I'd climb the tree and just wait.

Seems like we've gotten to the point people will steal the shoes off your feet.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I use this

Connector

I know they make this with splice type wire ends you can can hardwire it to the trailer.
I installed a round receptacle on the trailer and of course the other side connects right into the large round 7pin on the truck. When I'm done it goes in the lock box on my trailer.

This set up works well and gets rid of the flat connectors and small gage hookup wires.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Registered

Thieves suck.

I made a proprietary "blend" using one style on my trailer, and one style on my truck. In the glove box I have an adapter that will let me connect to everybody else's connector. Mine won't work for anybody but me.

They will still probably steal it.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw

Just once, just once I'd love to catch somebody doing that. Just phucking once. That's all I ask, just once.

:
jesus what the hell do you want.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Registered

very sad world we live in today!
Old 02-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Russ C.

That's the first thing I do every time i buy a new trailer, for some reason i always had problems with the 4-wire connectors.

Quick Reply: I Hate Thieves........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.