Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody from Stuart, Florida? >

Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Notices

Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Old 02-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Dave:

Thats a great story - I had one not quite as wild, but I'll tell it anyway. About three years ago, we had a brand new 302 Scarab Sport with outboards, ran just about sixty. Dad, who's an attorney, and I were heading south in the intracoastal at about 45 or so. I decided to play a little and do a WOT run for a bit, trimmed out, etc. About three minute later, dad says, isn't that a cop behind you? I said so what and kept on hauling . . . never did see the blue lights, finally did and we stopped. Apparently I blew right through a manatee zone. The cop was livid, and told me he had already notified Jupiter Island police to stop me with their Contender. Next words out of his mouth were, "They took my ****ing Scarab away and gave me this piece of ****. Now I can't catch anyone!" Long story short, we had known him for years, and I skated with just a warning. From then on, he and I used to "race" home from the sandbar almost every weekend.

How long has your family been out in Sailfish? Did you ever go to school around here? Maybe our families paths have crossed, my dad did a bunch of legal work for people in Sailfish in the 80's.

Harry
Old 02-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Registered

I live in Boca, work in Palm Beach Gardens, and do side work on a cruiser at Port Salerno, right behind Shrimpers, a few weeks back on a saturday, about 4-5 Performance boats came and went during the day.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:44 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Rick, next time you are working on that cruiser... go behind Knowles boatworks and walk the docks... you see my dads boat, SEA REITER.

Harry, I just talked to my father and he told me that peter had sold Stopler.
And that this new owner turned the Co. into a mess and is trying to sell the molds back to bill? True?
Old 02-08-2005, 10:10 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harry
We have only had the vacation home at Sailfish for about 12 or 14 years. I usually get down twice a month or so during the winter months. My parents are in CT & go down only 4 or 5 times a year.
Perhaps our paths have crossed though. I have met lots of people from there & have quite a few local hangouts in town.
I'd love to see your Whiticar some time. I love those!
Dave
Old 02-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Registered

Dave, we'll have to get together when your in town next. My father is an attorney in town and has been here since early 1980, his name is Steve Lewen.

We had family in Greenwich as well, last name Silverman. Harry and Bobbe, and their boys, Barry, Richie, Kenny and Jeffrey. Harry was a Manhattan captain of industry type, was the general partner in the Fountainbleau hotel in Miami Beach, owned Whelan Drugs, Plume and Attwood Brass and Copper, Black Starr and Gorham . . . and on and on and on.

I bought my Mistress from a young guy in Norwich last May, and stayed with friends from Palm City who split there time between here their main home in Farmington and a summer home in Old Saybrook right on the river.

My Whiticar is a 1959 40' Shearwater, named Anchor Too. The boat originally sat under a boathouse near Frazier Creek, on the Palm City side of the Roosevelt Bridge. I bought the boat at an estate auction some four and half years ago and I am almost finished with a total refit, including new 370B Cummins, electronic controls, nida-core soles and bulkheads, three air conditioners, etc. Maybe you remember the boat from its boathouse days, it was owned by Bill Laughon, the retired Naval sub commander, and owner of Anchor Real Estate on US1 at the foot of the bridge, where my friend Tom Grane has his Donzi dealership now.

Looking forward to meeting up with you one of these days on the water in Stuart.

Harry
Old 02-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Registered

ttt . . . I Know more of you are out there!

Harry
Old 02-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

I dont live there but visit my mom as often as I can especially during the winter months, she lives in riverland mobile park off kanner hwy. Some years back I trailered down a formula for a few months and kept it at riverwatch. In 1996 I purchased my dream from phil at lip ship and kept it there at martin county for the winter and loved every second out on the water down there, I had gotten south as far as the waterway cafe in palm beach gardens and def know shrimpers and the hot dog guy that anchors at the tip of the manatee pocket. I look forward to bringing the cig back there as soon as I can for the winter the boating gets no better than that. I def had a lets say run in with the water cops there also I was out for a ride with a few friends and was asked to stop for a check of paperwork and led back to the dock, finally after about at least an hour was let go and there was no infraction,officer said he didnt see the sticker on the side of the boat giving me temp registration yea right. Other than that had great runs up and down the st lucie and cant wait to return.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Registered

Steve:

What Cig is yours? Where in New Jersey are you from? My family is originally from Linden and Elizabeth, spent summers in Deal and Long Branch . . . have friends and family in Westfield, Marlboro, Belmar, all over.

Harry
Old 02-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Registered

Harry, I have a 1995 top gun with very dated graphics for todays world sorry but I dont have pictures to post. I live in brick now but lived in belmar for a long time before moving. The boat was used a lot out of shark river and around the barneget bay area hopefully the weather will get better sometime soon and I can think about getting back out there again, had some down time but hopefully all resolved now.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Registered

Steve, my uncle, Mike Posnock, lives in Belmar, on the corner of 8th Avenue I think . . . about a block off the ocean on the same street as the 7-11. When is the last time you had the boat in Stuart? I don't really remember a TG in town . . .

Harry

Quick Reply: Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.