Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody from Stuart, Florida? >

Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Notices

Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Old 03-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Anyone going out in the Jupiter area today? I'm thinking about trailering down from Stuart and launching at Burt Reynolds Park . . . maybe hit the Jupiter sandbar and then Square Grouper later on.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard stories about the ramp at Phil foster. In fact about 10 years ago a buddy went offshore and locked his tri axle to the truck with a simple paddlock. Came back that night and no trailer...still had the broken lock by the hitch. Nothing like finding that at 10pm on a Sunday night. Thankfully he knew someone who lived on the water not far from there and could tie the boat up there while he went trailer shopping on Monday.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Registered

Default @ the Stuart sandbar, 3/4/06

Here's my 1973 20' Cigarette at the Stuart sandbar last Saturday, March 4th - another beautiful Florida day
Attached Thumbnails Anybody from Stuart, Florida?-20cig04.4.jpg   Anybody from Stuart, Florida?-20cig01.1.jpg   Anybody from Stuart, Florida?-20cig02.2.jpg  

Old 04-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

A few go fast guys will be on the west side of Peanut Island this afternoon. A 38 Powerplay, 2 32 Sunsations, a Baja and possibly a Formula will be around. Seas are dead flat so a trip outside will be the way to start the day!
Old 04-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by mneal
I have heard stories about the ramp at Phil foster. In fact about 10 years ago a buddy went offshore and locked his tri axle to the truck with a simple paddlock. Came back that night and no trailer...still had the broken lock by the hitch. Nothing like finding that at 10pm on a Sunday night. Thankfully he knew someone who lived on the water not far from there and could tie the boat up there while he went trailer shopping on Monday.

Phil Foster boat ramp update: Found dead body in trash bag floating next to ramp this past week. They are rehabbing the whole ramp and park but the neighborhood influence will be harder to rehab.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Registered

Suks, from what I hear that part of the state is hampered with lack of ramps (guess everywhere is to a certain extent) and to have one w/ crime so bad people don't want to use it is a real shame.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cig35Mistress
Hunster:

What part of Jersey are you from? My family is originally from the Linden/Elizabeth area, and had summer homes in Deal and Long Branch. They've been here in Stuart since 1980.

The ramp that you, Stormrider and I are talking about is Sandsprit Park at the mouth of the Manatee Pocket. The ramp the other members are talking about is in Riviera Beach, a northern suburb of West Palm Beach, and definitely NOT a great neighborhood. On the other hand, Sandsprit is in a pretty nice neighborhood, not too far from your friend's house, which from the pictures I am assuming is on the west side of the channel, on the old Bay Harbor Club property, off of Old St. Lucie Blvd. What's his name, I may know him . . .

Shrimpers and Pirates are definitely my hangouts, Wahoo's is no longer accessible by boat as they have torn out the docks, all but closed the bar, and are making room to build, yea you guessed it, more condos . . . . there is a cool new place called Finz which opened directly opposite Shrimpers and is owned by the same people as Bare Bones, just to the northwest of Shrimpers. "Party Island" as you called it is affectionately known to us locals as "the sandbar," and was packed the weekend that Stormrider saw me out. Seems that the football season shows the biggest loss of people on the water.

Let me know next time you're down, we'll have a gathering of performance boats!
Man you called the addy! about 4 doors down from that property! Last house before the point.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody from Stuart, Florida?-house-dock-2sm.jpg  
Old 04-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Registered

Let me know next time you're down - we'll go for a run!

Harry
Old 04-07-2006, 08:24 AM
DJD
Registered

Anything happening in Stuart this weekend? I'm flying down solo tomorrow (4/8) to do some trial runs whith the mechanic on my Bertram. He just did a major overhaul. If anyone is going to the sand bar, I'll run out of Sailfish Point on the zodiac.
Dave
Old 04-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Registered

Cig.. I live on the south fork of the St Lucie River... no ride right now... just my flats boat, but good news. My buddy "Blue by You" just bought a Top Gun yesterday. wooooohooooo!!

Mark

Quick Reply: Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.