Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lets hear Your Best /worst Gas station story! >

Lets hear Your Best /worst Gas station story!

Notices

Lets hear Your Best /worst Gas station story!

Old 02-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lets hear Your Best /worst Gas station story!

At the lunch break on the Smoke on the Water poker run, I thought we should put some more fuel in my buddy's 38 Powerquest. All we had left was the run to White Lake and I was not sure we had enough gas. So we worked are way down the creek and waited in line with some very cool boats.
When we finally get in the dock, we helped a nice 42 Outerlimits get in next to us. The Dockmaster asked us what we needed and I asked for 50 gal. of premium. Then he looks at the other guy and asks him...His reply..I want to fill it and I'm going to need about 300 gal. of the racing fuel. We felt a little inadequate after that.

Mike
Old 02-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craig223
Question "You fish with dat boat?"
OMG I can't believe how many times I get asked that question. I'm a gunna start using your answer!

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2005, 09:39 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Not in the water, and not my boat (my truck) but........Was filling the truck up with the boat n the back, and you know the warning "do not leave vehicle unattended while fueling" Well, I did....went back tocheck on the straps and stuff, jumped in the boat to grab my shoes. Then I heard the splashing noise....looked over the side of the boat and saw fuel puking out of the filler neck of my truck and a huge 25 ft circle of fuel under my truck and headed for the boat!! So i jumped over the side of the boat ( about 6 ft. up) with no shoes on, onto the concrete island which was covered with bits of gravel!! Ran around the gas pool and shut the nozzle off. Grabbed the washer bucket and cleaned off the side of my truck, Then climbed into the truck, avoiding the pool again, and said a prayer as I turned the key!! (No pushing this setup out of the way) . And headed down the road Cussin' like a SOB!! Got about 1 mile down the road and realized I left my cell phone on the pump!! Yea, Yea I know your not supposed to use your phone at the pump!! So I had to turn around and go back to the scene and get my phone....no one came out so I grabbed the phone and Booked. All inAll it wasn't my fault that the shut off didn't work....But I did leave the pump unattended!!!
Old 02-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GLH
Thanks pete BTW!!!
Well that look was about as scary as Neils when he bought at Phils where that gas was about $4 a gallon! It was nothing, GL, it was fun footing most of the bill for that trip! Yeah right.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts
Re: Lets hear Your Best /worst Gas station story!

I bought a new to me Sonic 35' two years ago. Filled the tank at a new gas station. The gas station was owned by Indians, this was controversial. They didn't have to pay tax. I wasn't from there so I was uninformed. People were honking horns at me, I thought they were being friendly. Come to find out the tanks were contaminated at night by some unhappy farmers. I had about 30% fuel, and 70% water in the tanks. Cost me a fortune to have them pumped out. Unbelievable. The story made the front of the paper that the tanks were contaminated the next day. I was wondering why I couldn't start my boat, pumped off some gas and then realized, oh water in the fuel.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No gas stories but Dayumm they hire some hot girls at the gas docks near us
Old 02-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Registered

I had a 232 rinker that got pump full of 2 stroke gas once the marina drained for free. lost a cell phone one time, lost a friend fell in getting to the pump.
no girls at our pumps
Old 02-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Registered

I have the ULTIMATE nightmare gas station (land based) story:

I own one.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:08 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by checkrocket
I bought a new to me Sonic 35' two years ago. Filled the tank at a new gas station. The gas station was owned by Indians, this was controversial. They didn't have to pay tax. I wasn't from there so I was uninformed. People were honking horns at me, I thought they were being friendly. Come to find out the tanks were contaminated at night by some unhappy farmers. I had about 30% fuel, and 70% water in the tanks. Cost me a fortune to have them pumped out. Unbelievable. The story made the front of the paper that the tanks were contaminated the next day. I was wondering why I couldn't start my boat, pumped off some gas and then realized, oh water in the fuel.
THAT SUCKS!!!!
Old 02-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IndianaHeat
I had a 232 rinker that got pump full of 2 stroke gas once the marina drained for free. lost a cell phone one time, lost a friend fell in getting to the pump.
no girls at our pumps
Two stroke wont harm an io
just run it through next time ..Oh might foul a couple plugs

Quick Reply: Lets hear Your Best /worst Gas station story!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.