Notices

Tmp Motors

Old 02-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Tmp Motors

Im glad to see everyone's getting along better, just think, in 1 more month we can go boating .
Old 02-10-2005, 01:58 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jassman
Im glad to see everyone's getting along better, just think, in 1 more month we can go boating .

maybe one more month were you live....
Old 02-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
WHAT'S UP JEFF, I SOLD MY BOAT ON TUESDAY NOW I JUST HAVE TO FIND A NEW RIDE
Old 02-10-2005, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

And when your in college, not collage, your spelling will improve as well. Lest you forget young man proper tuteledge is of utmost importance when speaking.
Basically that means, you can act like an adult and be treated fairly. Also, Cool with a C is something one is, not tries to be.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I Wasn't Going To Bring That Up But!!!!!! For The Younger Generation You Can Also Use The Spell Check At The Bottom Of This Board :d
Old 02-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

The amount of words written regarding who 'builds' the best & biggest engines has been simply incredible. It seems loyalty to their particular 'shop' encourages people (oso members) to write almost anything, whether it be true, an exaggeration, incorrect or an outright lie.

Because Precision Marine has been mentioned by name, I feel it is important that those here know a bit about us.

We have been at our current location for over nineteen years. We are proud of our shop and abilities and invite anyone to come by at any time. They will see a full service facility with two bays with overhead winches, two engine 'kitchens' or assembly areas, a machine shop with a cylinder boring machine, power stroke honing machine, Magnaflux, lathe, head and block surfacing equipment, valve grinder, seat & guide machine, bridgeport, rod heater, large jet washer, glass bead machines, 50ton press, flow bench, injector tester and a 2000HP capable Dyno. We also have a stern drive shop with tools for TRS, Alpha, Bravo, XR, XZ and Sportmaster.

Our EFI expertise is extensive. We have EFI diagnostic equipment and software including scan tools, harness tester, sensor testers, and an electronic engine simulator that allows us to electronically 'run' an ECM. We have done custom EFI programming since 1989 and have clients across the country and around the world including Norway, Sweden, Canada, Mexico, Africa, England and France.

We have built engines for numerous APBA Inboard classes including 2.5L, Stock, 2.5L Mod, 5L, SuperStock and KRR. Mike Allen, son of PM Co-Owner Billy Allen has 23 National and UIM World Championships spanning 1991-2004 and was twice inducted to the Hall of Champions, all with PM power. Feel free to confirm this with APBA (586) 773-9700.

We specialize in supercharging engines with Whipple, ProCharger, Vortec and BDS blowers, and matching them with custom EFI programming specific for each application.

I mention all the above specifics not to blow our own horn, but because I feel that we are a company that not only builds or re-powers an engine, but can support and maintain the product as well.

If 27 years as a Certified Mercruiser Technician (LA609C) has taught me anything, when it comes to high performance engines and their numbers, the higher they get, the better the proof MUST be. When someone is going to spend upwards of 70K an engine, he better trust the numbers and the builder. For example, when we Dyno an engine, we try and recreate the conditions that will exist when in use like the fuel, alternator, water pump, exhaust etc. We factor as much of the environmental conditions as possible to give the most accurate numbers possible. When we tell the customer his engine Dyno'd at 1165HP, he can expect the same in his application.

We strive to have good working relationships with shops in and out of our area. I appreciate the knowledge and expertise gained from working with other builders and manufactures and give credit where credit is due. Yes, the engine in our 'kitchen' is a Gary Teague original that we are rebuilding and upgrading to a new EFI system. We are working with Carl Summers of GT performance to perfect the programming of the new MEFI-4 ECM. There are pictures on this site with engines ‘assembled’ by others that have also been in our 'kitchen'.

Watch for a new thread documenting the build up and testing of two new EFI 565's with Whipple Quads.

While we appreciate the support of our customers on this site, they do not speak for us. The owners and employees of Precision Marine will always claim to be so when posting to this site.

Mark Boos
Co-Owner, Precision Marine, Kenner LA

Last edited by Precision_Marine; 02-11-2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Well put Mark!! I'm glad that you took the time to speak up. As a business owner like yourself and Steve, It is flattereing that our customers want to put us first, Hopefully yours and Steves sensible posts will put things back in perspective...

Rob
Old 02-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Well put Mark!! I'm glad that you took the time to speak up. As a business owner like yourself and Steve, It is flattereing that our customers want to put us first, Hopefully yours and Steves sensible posts will put things back in perspective...

Rob
I AGREE I HAVE PERSONALLY NEVER HEARD STEVE OR EDDIE SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT MARK OR Precision Marine, HE HAS ALWAY HAD NOTHING BUT PRAISE.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Registered

Since opening, we've had a great working relationship with Precision. They've always been very helpful, and yes we have nothing but good things to say about them.
Its good to see Mark here to accurately represent them, and clear up any misconceptions others may have.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by craig223
One more thing. If you save up enough money to buy a Membership here....You will be able to see this!!

Like your point, messed with the mouse a little hope it was ok
Attached Thumbnails Tmp Motors-mickey-01.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tmp Motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.