Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Dodge Ram Cummins upgrades ? >

Dodge Ram Cummins upgrades ?

Notices

Dodge Ram Cummins upgrades ?

Old 02-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dodge Ram Cummins upgrades ?

Post #9 . . . that looks like a pretty wicked little truck.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:34 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking Re: Dodge Ram Cummins upgrades ?

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Post #9 . . . that looks like a pretty wicked little truck.
Isn't that the tow vehicle for the Outlimits???

If not, it sure should be.....

Bern,

If you need your truck set-up, see Boot from this site.

This link may help: Diesel Chips
Attached Thumbnails Dodge Ram Cummins upgrades ?-100_0923r.jpg   Dodge Ram Cummins upgrades ?-dscn2435.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 02-13-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Registered

There is a company that makes a "plug in" system for propane injection. Works like nitrous on a gas engine but more monitored. Can't find the name of the company.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cool Trips
There is a company that makes a "plug in" system for propane injection. Works like nitrous on a gas engine but more monitored. Can't find the name of the company.
Propane and nitrous are two entirely different creatures. Propane is another fuel and nitrous just makes the fuel that's already there burn better. You can get in a lot of trouble running propane if you're not careful as your EGT's will go through the roof.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:16 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

tim ya it should be but you have to se what there building now it tops the xxx truck we will all see soon! ......BERN if boot says it trust him.......... BOOT i am getting my new of f350 they are giving me new one lemon law on my 03 just ordered it so you will here from me in like 8 weeks joe
Old 02-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Registered

29Scarab,
I set my 01 Dodge up strictly for towing. I tow a 25' 4 place enclosed snowmobile trailer in the winter and my 26 scarab in the summer.
First add , at least a EGT gauge. I have that and a boost gauge. Wish I had installed a fuel pressure gauge though. These trucks are prone to lift pump failures big time. Without a fuel pressure gauge you won't find out the lift pump is gone until you need to reprime the system such as when changing the fuel filter. The VP 44 doesn't self prime and you don't want to replace it. So first make sure your lift pump is working.
I added a FASS system to completly eliminate the lift pump problem, then RV275 injectors (don't waste your time with these,go with a Diesel Dynamics stage 1) , Edge EZ, 4" exhaust, AFE intake and filter, and the trans was rebuilt with DDT 89% converter and thier towing valvebody. I run 285 Bridgestone Revo's with the 3:55 gears.
I love this truck, unloaded on the freeway it will get 21mph (if I do the speedlimit), combined city/highway It gets 17 . towing the boat or sled hauler it gets 15 . Now if you run it over 2000rpms the mileage falls off.
Last weekend I raced a buddy's 03 with a Bullydog box (don't know which one) and exhaust when we were heading up north snowmobileing, we both have the same trailers and we both only had 3 sleds in them. I pulled away from him easily up to 100.
So the old dog can hang with the new Dodges. If it was an HO with the new Edge with atittude I would have gotten spanked ! But what do you expect from a 4 year old truck !
Old 02-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Convert your trans to synthetic too right off the bat too them also follow your trans cooler lines up to passenger side of motor,find the oil to water cooler thats mounted to motor,look for a fitting that has a arrow on it where lines mount to cooler (i'm not 100% sure your truck has one) but the fitting with arrow is a inline checkball to prevent drainback,it needs to be eliminated. Dodge created problems by using this stupid checkball inline (when it plugs shut the transmision melts down),We have got rid of this fitting on all the dodges,gas and diesel that we have ever done a transmission on,and somewhere around 01-02 dodge got rid of it too,good luck and pm me with any questions on it,include phone #,Smitty