Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Notices

Old 02-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=96278

Lets keep it clean, no hits below the belt, and lets see the best man win.

Popcorn, b!tches??
Old 02-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Uh O. Better wait to hear Mr.Cozzi's side sumralleee or sumraller ... Rodney (Just Perfect) is local NJ boy too ... hope he doesn't cozzi on too long about this.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2005, 06:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

I told Ed about it yesterday morning on the phone, he told me the story. When Ed answers back you'll see Ed's side, I did right away. He did a great survey for me, check was mailed out yesterday and by the end of next week I'll be a Tiger owner. I have nothing but praise for him and the professional way he represents his company.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:16 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Just a question:

What exactly was wriiten on the survey pertaining to the engines?

I had an Insurance Survey done by a different surveyor that didn't necessarily go through the engines but I knew that up front, but he still put in the description and serial numbers for the engines on the survey. If they ever had to be replaced due to a loss, they had to have that information.

If I were to have a Full Survey then they would have gone through the engines. I personally knew the boat, so I didn't need the Full Survey.

I would think the engines would have had to been described with serial and model numbers on this survey in question.
Was the information correct? Did the previous owner change out an engine after the survey?
I'll sit back to hear the explanations on this one.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-12-2005, 08:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Basically, what Ed told me was the differences in the engines that the gentleman described can only be noticed if things were taken apart, as a surveyor, Ed is not allowed to do that. His insurance that the consumer is talking about as explained by Ed,is the same type of shop keepers insurance that I have to carry. Ed is NOT allowed to take anything apart, with the exception of spark plugs for compression checks. What his insurance covers in his words" Say on a yacht he was checking a petcock, and later that night the boat started taking on water from said petcock, then his insurance would take effect."
Insurance will not cover an internal engine problem,approx ONE YEAR, after the original survey was done.Especially with a "motor change"

It's just my opinion, I feel that the consumer is looking for someone to blame. Sorry Rodney, thats just the way I see it.

Rob
Old 02-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By what means is a surveyor to detect an issue such as this? Should he do a back search on the sereal # to autenticate the power? What if a motor was rebuilt and an inferior cam and heads where used (I've seen that)? I think the question lies in what you hire the surveyor to do. If you wanted more informatoin than he felt he was hired to give you, then this should have been clear from the begining. The guy bought a used boat, and got screwed by the prevous owner. No survey in the world is going to find every flaw. The guy needs to suck it up, we all get scrwed once in a while.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Morning Gentlemen and Ladies:

First of all let me thank the thread starter for getting this started on a forum where we do not have to wait days before the threads are posted. There is my reply pending in the Bad Business section, but you may not see it for days. I will attach two pages of the original survey and a color photograph of the engine compartment as evidence.

This boat was donated to a charitable organization here in Ft. Lauderdale. They advertised it at a very reasonable price and I was contracted to perform a survey and sea trial on this craft. As you can see on the Sea Trial page of the survey, the port engine was running very poorly. This engine was confirmed to be a real HP 500, because it was removed from the boat later, (not as part of the survey), but as part of the repair and upgrading after the buyer had purchased the boat.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Here is a photograph of the engine compartment.
Attached Thumbnails Ummm.  Maybe you didn't see this...-formula-engines.jpg  
Old 02-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Here are two pages of the survey that I enter into evidence.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
38FORMULA96F-Evidence.doc (73.5 KB, 233 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.