Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New 2005 Sutphen 210/Outboard Bowrider!!! >

New 2005 Sutphen 210/Outboard Bowrider!!!

Notices

Old 02-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Just put a deposit down on a 2005 Sutphen 210 Bowrider. Yes you read that correctly...a BOWRIDER! Three years ago I would have kicked my own ass for mentioning the word bowrider but after having owned a 22 Talon with 300PM, it became evident that I needed a performance boat with a more family friendly layout. 99% of my boating is inland lakes so I was looking for a 20' to 22' boat. No offense to the west coast offerings but I wanted an east coast bred boat. After searching and talking to many builders it just so happened Rich Sutphen Jr. had been planning on retooling his classic 20' design. Rich and I talked over several weeks and came up with the new boat design. The major features of the new boat are:

-The classic hull and running surface (20 degree deadrise) is being extended to a true 21'.
-The deck will be a totally new design. Tapered from the bow. Adding approx. 2" in height amidship to the transom. The fairing will be molded into the deck as will a base for Zero Effort style throttles.
-Available in I/O or O/B (no transom well). Mine is being rigged with a Mercury Optimax 225 Pro XS (20" mid) on a Stainless Marine mini bracket, Gorilla II jack plate and SeaStar steering.
-The O/B version will have the rear bench area moved aft 6" to 12" to open up the cockpit and still retain a usable sun pad.
-The walk-thru bowrider area will have seating and storage with recessed stainless grab rails. The classic Sutphen profile will be retained.
-After this bowrider project is complete. Rich plans on making a second closed deck version.
-Base price for the boat with the 225 Pro XS or MX-6.2/Bravo is approximately 38K.

Dealing with Rich Jr. and his small crew has been a real pleasure. He was willing to entertain outside ideas and doesn’t have the “my way or the highway” mentality. Please give him a call with any questions at (973) 770-8400 or [email protected]. Sutphen Performance Boats is located near Lake Hopatcong, NJ.

I’ll keep you posted with construction pics. ETA for delivery is mid-June.