Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Resale value Donzi/Formula/Scarab (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96465-resale-value-donzi-formula-scarab.html)

superwrench0166 02-13-2005 06:21 PM

Resale value Donzi/Formula/Scarab

Looking at all 3 in the 29ft range. Looking more like the Donzi has a higher price. Is there a year where despite age they settle out on price more to condition then age.

Pantera1 02-13-2005 06:38 PM

Re: Resale value Donzi/Formula/Scarab

Nothin wrong with em but scarab will depreciate the quickest being out of biz .. You will probably find a better buy per dollar on a formula as they are more numerous than the donzi's ..just my 2 cents :D

Formula Outlaw 02-13-2005 06:41 PM

Hard to say. Formula and Donzi definitely have a better resale value than Scarab. Not to say mean anything negative about Scarabs.

You see more older Formulas still not only on the water but still in great shape than any other manufactuer, at least from what I've seen.

I have an 89' 311 Formula and there are no rattles.

BillR 02-13-2005 08:05 PM

I would think Formula would have the highest resale.

Pantera1 02-13-2005 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by BillR
I would think Formula would have the highest resale.

Nothing at all wrong with formulas ..but the only reason I would argue that is that there are so many more formulas than Donzi's :drink:

PhantomChaos 02-13-2005 08:45 PM

Be an F-man!!!! :D :p :D :mad: :D :drink: :drink: :drink:

pm203 02-13-2005 09:02 PM

I think its very close between the Donzi and the Formula.However,I think the Formula slightly edges out Donzi.They are both good boats,but the Formulas are a little more common,which means a little more well known.Donzi has had some questionable years , Formula has always been a very well- built boat.I would say Formula,Donzi and Scarab,and by the way.I think the Scarab is a great looking boat.

CAP071 02-13-2005 09:05 PM

You forgot Apache :D

Pantera1 02-13-2005 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
You forgot Apache :D

I dont think he was talking about RC boats :D
Acyualy for a company that would never build boats again ..there are now three of em
Chief
McManus
And the other guy :D
Lest not forget Saber

Edward R. Cozzi 02-13-2005 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by pm203
I think its very close between the Donzi and the Formula.However,I think the Formula slightly edges out Donzi.They are both good boats,but the Formulas are a little more common,which means a little more well known.Donzi has had some questionable years , Formula has always been a very well- built boat.I would say Formula,Donzi and Scarab,and by the way.I think the Scarab is a great looking boat.

Without knowing more specific information about the boats, this advice is pretty much what I would have said.
Thanks, saved me some typing.