Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Konrads For Manufacturers Of New Boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96491-konrads-manufacturers-new-boats.html)

Buddy OO 02-14-2005 09:39 AM

Konrads For Manufacturers Of New Boats?

Would the Konrad drive be excepted in the new boat market place in lieu of bravo xr's with a warranty? looks like an excellent drive based on the threads.

OldSchool 02-14-2005 09:44 AM

Re: Konrads For Manufacturers Of New Boats?

I'm sure it would if Merc didn't have the manufacturers by the balls on the engine thing. Unfortunate....but true!!!

I would think that some of the custom builders that aren't using Merc engines will start as soon as the product is available...Only time will tell!! :cool: :cool:

mopower 02-14-2005 11:02 AM

Nice thought but like Craig said , Konrad only offers drives , no engines. Boat manufacturers would have to piece something together and this may hurt their future dealings with Merc. On top of this , it could cause warrantee nightmares as to who covers what and who's at fault for what broke :confused:

DoTheMath 02-14-2005 11:29 AM

True, but take a nice "sensible" package like a 39' Nortech V, w/ TMP 650's and Konrads... that would be the NUTZ!! And from the sounds of it, bullet-proof! I think that would be a great manufacturer to get the ball rolling... Trond - are you listening? :D

Jassman 02-14-2005 11:38 AM

Nortech is listening, I am looking at the exact same thing, but in a triple application. The 39 v will accept triples, its working great on the 39 Cig and OL. A very reliable turn key project accept the weak link, the drive. A better drive is the ticket. Jeff

Lofty 02-14-2005 12:06 PM

The big winners here will be those who fit Konrads to older boats. The more Konrads in use the better their reputation will get. Specially if they start showing up on new boats, which they are allready. In a few years Konrad will be a name you'll want to see on your transom and if you have them on an old Fountain or Cig it's just going to help your re-sale.

DoTheMath 02-14-2005 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman
Nortech is listening, I am looking at the exact same thing, but in a triple application. The 39 v will accept triples, its working great on the 39 Cig and OL. A very reliable turn key project accept the weak link, the drive. A better drive is the ticket. Jeff

That would be sweet Jeff!!! I bet it will bet the heck out of the Bravos! :cool:

Sydwayz 02-14-2005 01:10 PM

Yeah, its going to have to be the shiftable drive though. Folks like simplicity as well as reliability.

Buddy OO 02-14-2005 01:13 PM

Jazz and all you guys are thinking the same thing I am. Steve is already putting the package together. I think his 650 or 750efi would make a great package. I'm already set with Konrad just waiting to work out the motor details with TMP. Jazz are you thinking about the 39v. Its awesome. cant wait to get my first 2. really curious if I should try the Konrad/TMP package in one of them. Going to be more $ than the mercury package. do you think pople will buy it. thanks jim

OldSchool 02-14-2005 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Yeah, its going to have to be the shiftable drive though. Folks like simplicity as well as reliability.

Be patient Grasshopper... :cool: :cool: