Notices

carpet removal ideas?

Old 02-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carpet removal ideas?

Any suggestions on removing and replacing carpet? tools, glue, solvents, etc....
Old 02-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Re: carpet removal ideas?

Remove carpet and replace with perelli, etc. Carpet is for living rooms!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Registered

sounds nice Dave......but what the hell is perelli?? any pics on a websight etc? thanks, J.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...hlight=perilli

Check out this thread or do a search. It's a floor material similar to linoleum. Waterproof, easy to clean.

Personally, I like non-skid gelcoat the best. That's what I have now. It probably wouldn't be to practical to do a floor that was previously carpeted.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Registered

R&R textiles for the carpet. They have very VERY nice 40oz. weight carpet and feels great. A wide variety of colors. I have some leftover from when I replaced mine if you are interested...it's teal in color. Removing the carpet is the easy part. Once you have everything out of the boat the install is pretty easy too if you just take your time. I used a carpet adhesive and troweled it with a notch trowel (1/4" notch I think). Do a rough measure so the carpet will fit. Then lay your big piece of carpet out on the glue and trim the edges. Do NOT get the glue on the carpet as it's there for good once it's on there. Roberts indoor/outdoor carpet adhesive 6700 is what I used (from Home Depot)
Old 02-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried R&R when I did the carpet in my old boat. Good selection, but shipping would have killed me. Becuase of the roll width, it would have had to be trucked. The shipping quote was more than the carpet. (I'm in NJ, the carpet was coming from somewhere in the NW.)
Ended up going to a local shop that does upholstery work on boats, hot rods, etc. He had about a half dozen catalogs of marine carpet...found exactly what I wanted, no shipping.
As for getting the old carpet out, I'm the wrong guy to ask. I used a circular saw and took the floor with it.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is how I role
Attached Thumbnails carpet removal ideas?-carpet-remover.jpg  
Old 02-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 400 Likes on 179 Posts

Replace with perelli or lonseal go back 3 or 4 days ago there was a thread on lonseal.I replaced my carpet with lonseal it looks great and easy to clean.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Registered

Oh yeah...almost forgot.....always use a new blade for cutting carpet. It really makes the job easier!
Old 02-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Registered

thanks guys for the info. I have some samples of the R&R from Profile boat here in town. They manufacture offshore v's and cat's. Randy told me he would order me some. It comes in 6' widths too so that it can be shipped UPS. I'm not sure of the cost per sq. ft/yd yet, but it can't be too bad. Even if it is $20 a square yd, I can do it for about $350 w/ glue etc..
Thanks again, Justin. BTW, any more suggestions are more than welcome.

Quick Reply: carpet removal ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.