Notices

Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun

Old 03-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun

Originally Posted by dockrocker
Perhaps he's referring to the "we've got a zillion other offers on this boat that has been sitting here for months" tactic. At least, that was my first thought.

EXACTLY!!!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 06:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Maybe he does have a ton of offers, or inquiries about this boat, they could be ridiculous ones as well. As Too old said the mention from this thread alone has generated a stir. Just my opinion after reading the posts, I dont see anything wrong with his deal and the guy trying to buy it it while refinancing the property, it's not fair to the broker to have the boat tied up that long with a deposit. Have your finances in order when you go to buy it. If they want 66k for it and wont let it go for less thats thier priviledge, if you dont want to pay that much, thats your privelidge as well. I havent seen anyone put out the money for a survey( if they did I missed it) that is the only true way that a price is going to be reached. I have a boat and two vehicles for sale, I know what I think they are worth, but the reality of it is, will I get that, nope. BUT, i know what I will take..As far as the goof comments, I cant say I agree, but if the people that read this forum are all calling hoping to get the deal of the century, I'm can see where it may be frustrating...Rob
Old 03-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the thread lives on.....

after a few days of browsing i want no part of this oso stuff. seems that every few threads there are some reall keyboard tuff guys that are around here, who think they know it all.

Heres the deal. I have personally done buisness with this fella. SCOTT is a stright forward stand up guy. And if someon sends an email to try and retrieve info on a boat to help further his customers. I would like my used boat salesman to say that he know s a little of the history instead of just saying I dont know......

some of you local st clair guys are really phuck heads- probraly all hang out at the dock every weekend talking he said she said crap ( i am not saying all st clair people) about this boat or that.

you know it alls should all go out and start your own dealership and see what people have to deal with.......

because the OSO forum really seems to make people shine.

I know that there are just a few bad apples in the bunch but you really make things look bad.

the old stereo type of offshore guys being what they are-definitly shines through....

as for Waters edge marine they have done ian exceptional job for me in the past and as for sales tactics......
PISS OFF what do you know. I am sick of reading this fellas name in negetivity here.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Registered

some of you people are just pathetic
Old 03-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Registered

Also i believe the goof part of it is some of you here
Old 03-10-2005, 12:05 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Does anyone wanna run a check to see if powrquest380 and 48VIKING are the same person???? Same join dates and no info in their profiles. Seems curious......
Old 03-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by pwrquest380
some of you people are just pathetic
does this mean you wont be responding to your "welcome to oso" thread? "just kidding"

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...6&page=1&pp=30

i think your making a mistake by saying you want no part of oso.
theres a wealth of knowledge here from guys in every facet of boating. you ask a question and usually within minutes you have an accurate answer.
also , keep in mind theres a large percentage of us that have been burned by salesmen , engine builders , manufacurers. you name it , we've been burned.
so , with that in mind , we tend to be a little skeptical at times.

Old 03-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Registered

some of you re correct, this is a great board with a huge wealth of knowledge.

I frequent speedwake, and i never get any rude comments over there. Everyone there are genuine good people......for themost part!

On another note, no i am not the same person as VIK48
I havent chosen to fill a profile out since I am not sure if I will be staying here Yet....
Old 03-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you that the owner (Rob) of waters edge is a nice guy. That being said there is a reason I don't buy boats there or the last place his family owned ( they are not the current owners new owner worse) . Great people but business "wise" I say not.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:24 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

We have to wonder after our "LilDouche" fiasco/ comedy.
I'm in sales (not marine related) and understand it can be frustrating but when your potential clients see your bad side things only get worse.
Russ C.

Quick Reply: Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.