Notices

Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun

Old 02-19-2005, 04:10 PM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun

Originally Posted by delsol
Boat is still there and probably will be for some time with thier attitude--- talk about changing their minds/ slash story.

By the way Lakluvr I was told by the salesman that you had agreed on 63 and then after driving from LOTO to see it you dropped your price so they said no way! --- just so you know--- kinda like what they did to my buddy -- on the phone was one deal, then he got there totally different attitude. seems strange, maybe that's their sales strategy??
That story is so wrong. In talking to them on the phone before i left I said that the boat was worth around 62K to 62.5K to me. They said that was their bottom line. So after the runaround aobut the other guy and the financing falling thru, I made the trip. Got there before closing on tues. Me and my mechanic buddy went thru it pretty good. I wanted to hear it run but it was going to be a big job to move it out of the showroom and into the shop to do, so they said they would do it in the morning. I said I'd call them in the AM to let them know. Anyway, after hashing it all over, discussing with my buddy, just figured that there were too many issues and conflicting stories to know what to think. So I called them in the AM and told them, thanks but no thanks and headed back to LOTO. Actually I was already miles down the road when I called since they don't open till 9, and we left around 5 to beat the traffic, and in the snow. ugggh.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Sorry--- that was in no way intended as a poke at you! Just saying that they changed their story with my buddy drastically, then I had to stand there at the boat show and listen to him go on about how everyone wants this boat boat no-one will give him [B]what he thinks [/B] it is worth.
Too bad about having to do that long of a drive -- I know I did once -- but for the right reason -- what a party!
Old 02-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Today a the Detroit boat show I asked the dealer if the Cigarette had sold yet. He replied "people are all over it".

Not to change the thread but I spoke to the dealer showing the new 39' Top Gun. Asked if he had any info regarding any early 1990's Top Guns for sale and he basically blew me off.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:29 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tizbad4
I called about a month ago to put a bid in and they said it sold the day before. How many times can this boat sell?????? I dont think they have it all together over there.
Boy what a load of crap about this boat. I had no idea what I was getting into.

Sure glad I'm not up there now tho, since I see 4 to 6 inches of snow is predicted. ugggh. Was almost 70 here yesterday, great day for the race, just wrong guy won is all.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Registered

yep we got 5-6 inches. 70 is sweet, I would settle for 55-60 up here though. That shrink wrap just doesn't look that good on boats.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Registered

I guessing from there response to my email the boat is still available?????? Anyone know any different???
Old 02-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott from Water's Edge Marina shot me an e-mail at 3PM today to see if I was still interested. Still available. Hard to tell if she is a diamond in the rough or a true gem. So much BS about this one that it will sit in the showroom for a long while.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Today a the Detroit boat show I asked the dealer if the Cigarette had sold yet. He replied "people are all over it".

Not to change the thread but I spoke to the dealer showing the new 39' Top Gun. Asked if he had any info regarding any early 1990's Top Guns for sale and he basically blew me off.
Interceptor:

I was at the show Saturday in my Cigarette jacket and asked the guy if he could stop polishing the gauges so I could get some pictures of the dash. He stopped but I gotta tell tell you those guys had some serious "corn cob" issues. I tried to sak about the 30' Vice and was blown off.

Wannabe
Old 02-22-2005, 08:56 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by POOL WHORE
Scott from Water's Edge Marina shot me an e-mail at 3PM today to see if I was still interested. Still available. Hard to tell if she is a diamond in the rough or a true gem. So much BS about this one that it will sit in the showroom for a long while.
There sure is alot of BS surrounding this boat. It sure could be a diamond in the rough, or alot worse. If all you did was fix what was obvious, like the port drive that was about to fall off. Maybe a grand or two. With 150 hours on the motors and black engine oil, makes it a definite to go thru the motors to freshen them up before something serious happens. So who know how much for that, another 10K. And so you have 12K plus the purchase. of about 62, so at 75 to 75. Thats if you can stand the nasty blue all over, and leave it alone, and can stand the nasty interior that needs to be redone. And don't mind the plain jane looking paint stripe. Anyway just wasn't worth it to me, especially since I just got doing all that to my Bullet, so I know what I have.

And another point that concerns me. The boat has bravos, and is a Kevlar half cabin. Have heard that with that cofiguration you lose the rock solid ride Cigarette is famous for. Guess you do gain a bit of speed, but not worth it to me. Anyone know for sure if this is the case????

John
Sunrise Upolstery
Old 02-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by lakeluvr
have.

And another point that concerns me. The boat has bravos, and is a Kevlar half cabin. Have heard that with that cofiguration you lose the rock solid ride Cigarette is famous for. Guess you do gain a bit of speed, but not worth it to me. Anyone know for sure if this is the case????

John
Sunrise Upolstery
I've been told that by an owner of a similar set up - boat requires tabs to run level.
The cig in question was originally repo'd by harrisonmarine.com down the road from Waters Edge - they are just trying to flip it & make a few bucks.

Quick Reply: Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.