Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96727-trip-detroit-area-look-top-gun.html)

dockrocker 02-22-2005 10:05 AM

Re: Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun

I've lived in the metro Detroit area all my life, and I have yet to meet anyone that was a repeat customer of Water's Edge. I do, however, know a number of folks that have done business with them in the past and regretted it.

IMHO, there are a hell of a lot more Cigs in the water, if you know what I mean.

mkramer 02-22-2005 09:58 PM

Well Gentlemen...................What's the verdict, is it a buy at 62k, 63k or a pass for most people??????

Lakeluvr....thanks for the imput, I haven't heard anything about the Kevlar issue's. Feedback on that subject would be nice, anyone???

POOL WHORE 02-22-2005 11:00 PM

I am going to pass.There is no need to leave the warmth of Cali to be disappointed in Michagan. I was intrigued with the Kevlar Cover Girl setup. The "low hour, freshly built" mild motor build up. The brand new Bravo's as they were replaced due to the othersbeing "stolen." I liked the "newly replaced" gauge cluster. The upholstry that needs " a thorough cleaning." If the salesman wants me to make a purchase, please do not misrepresent your product. The power of OSO has detered me from wasting my time with this one.

Interceptor 02-23-2005 07:25 AM

Having looked at the boat and knowing what I'd like as a final product I'd go $52 K conditional based on acceptable structural and mechanical survey.

ed

lakeluvr 02-23-2005 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by mkramer
Well Gentlemen...................What's the verdict, is it a buy at 62k, 63k or a pass for most people??????

As a friend of mine says there's an azz for every seat. So I'm sure someone out there might think they could make this boat work for them. After fixing the obvious outdrive problem, its possible that the boat might be mechanically sound, at the moment, anyway. So at that point you'd have about 65K in a TG. And assuming that you could live the cosmetic things and the interior. Otherwise I'm like Interceptor, somewhere in the low 50s. I wish whoever buys it good luck tho, and I'd like to know how it all works out.

mkramer 02-23-2005 05:32 PM

Thanks for all the imput guys................... :evilb:

mkramer 02-23-2005 08:36 PM

FYI.......Got email today.....boat sold for 68k with 10k non-refundable doposit????? anyone know the buyer??

stecz20 02-23-2005 08:47 PM

ykm.....

mkramer 02-23-2005 08:49 PM

i know ykm......it sold last week for 63k?????? This dealer is wacked???

lakeluvr 02-24-2005 09:34 AM

It did sell??? Does anybody know the real deal??????