Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   St Pete Boating? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96799-st-pete-boating.html)

302SR1 02-18-2005 08:30 PM

St Pete Boating?

Anyone in the St Pete area thats not at the boat show going boating Sunday?

I think we're going to go and just wanted to see it we'd be by ourselves

Johno 02-18-2005 08:36 PM

Re: St Pete Boating?

We are headed to Green Iguana's(Rocky point) or to Mar Vista for lunchSunday afternoon. At this point we may have 2 other boats running with us. We are you guys located?
John

Formula Outlaw 02-18-2005 09:58 PM

I'm running up to Mar Vista from Nokomis Sunday.

Johno sent you a PM. How about running down to Mar Vista? Russ

happy hours 02-19-2005 05:01 AM

Where is Mar Vista?

Johno 02-19-2005 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by mneal
Where is Mar Vista?

ICW Sarasota. Long boat key area.

Formula Outlaw 02-19-2005 07:16 AM

Mar Vista is just south of Longboat Pass (Coquina Beach). If you are following the ICW, going south, as you apprroach the bridge at Coquina Beach (Longboat Pass) head towards the bridge, but rather than going under the bridge veer off left (south) and it's about a quarter, maybe half a mile at most on the right hand side. Decent docking and a picnic area by the shore. It's easy to find.

If you consider Anna Maria to be part of Longboat Key (neither group would like that very much) then Mar Vista is maybe one third the way down give or take. I figure I'll be there around one/ one thirty or so. Russ

Formula Outlaw 02-19-2005 07:21 AM

Johno, where can I get a local chart of the St. Pete/Tampa waters????

You know, one of those one page plastic covered charts that only target a specific area?????? They give much better local reference points than the big normal charts. Thanks....Russ

offthefront 02-19-2005 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Johno, where can I get a local chart of the St. Pete/Tampa waters????

You know, one of those one page plastic covered charts that only target a specific area?????? They give much better local reference points than the big normal charts. Thanks....Russ

west marine ?

Formula Outlaw 02-19-2005 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by offthefront
west marine ?

Mike, tried that (down here) no luck. Guess I'll make a phone call to one up there.

These charts you usually find at the little "mom and pop" type places, biat stands, etc. I saw one in a real estate office I was working in a few months back and desperately tried to talk her out of it and couldn't.

Come on down to Mar Vista tomorrow???????????

You don't have a trailer do you, or do you?????? Russ

offthefront 02-19-2005 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Mike, tried that (down here) no luck. Guess I'll make a phone call to one up there.

These charts you usually find at the little "mom and pop" type places, biat stands, etc. I saw one in a real estate office I was working in a few months back and desperately tried to talk her out of it and couldn't.

Come on down to Mar Vista tomorrow???????????

You don't have a trailer do you, or do you?????? Russ

Fug no .....Another 5 grand ....gota do it though ...trailer is a must ..... werkin this weekend too ....Gorgeous up here ....feel a bug comming on for tomorrow ....cough cough .