Notices

'05 Miami show (my take)

Old 02-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up '05 Miami show (my take)

So, wanted to give a big thanks to Craig for the Thurs. night gig, what a blast! Got to put even more faces with names this year. To name a few, Ed Cozzi, nice to finally meet you, hope you got your check on Friday! ;o) Lucky Sr. & Jr. - class acts, thanks for the door duty Jr.! Biggus - your right up the road from me and I had to go all the way to SoBe to meet you, good talkin' to you!

On to the show... I have a ton of pics, but the camera is in Cali., as soon as I get them emailed, I'll post. What was impressive? Booth-wise, you couldn't argue with Cig. great boats and sweet honeys in little bathing suits for deck ornaments!! NorTech, by far had the best boats and best "values", relatively speaking. The new 39V was my fav. of the show, deep-azz cockpit, awesome dash and really nice bolsters!! If I was shopping - for myself - at the show, it would be that with TMP 650's - no question! They (NorTech) had a 43 cat w/ 1075's and a TAOD $70k+ paint job for about $780k, conversely - Donzi had a 38ZR w/ 1075's for the same money!! What is wrong with that picture? No offense to the Donzi guys, but I can't see a 38 ZR going for that much dough, when you could get a NorTech that's more in every respect for the same money!?

The MTI booth was cool, Speed Racer was awesome! OL had a 51' as did Hustler, both awesome! Concept was great - their 30 was really nice, w/ 250 Verados it will run just about 70 mph for a tick over $100k, great workmanship and an awesome value! Sunseeker was sweet, one of the guys I was with almost pulled the trigger on the new 35' they had - (so close) All the "custom" builders were really nice to talk with, (the production guys - like Fountain and Formula - not so much, kind of a disappointment ) I guess when you have the ego and market share, it gets in the way of salesmanship!?

Overall, a great show and a lot of fun! Should have the pics later today and will post then.

-Mark-
Old 02-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: '05 Miami show (my take)

780k For A Nortech? Wow Did They Price Increase?
Old 02-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT
780k For A Nortech? Wow Did They Price Increase?
Look at your PB mag this month, a 44 MTI set up similar way is almost a cool Million, with the 250k you could buy a 36 Concept with trip Verado's and a 05 Z06 Vette and have enough money to take the wife on an extravagant vacation. Jeff
Old 02-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
Look at your PB mag this month, a 44 MTI set up similar way is almost a cool Million, with the 250k you could buy a 36 Concept with trip Verado's and a 05 Z06 Vette and have enough money to take the wife on an extravagant vacation. Jeff
Love that math Jeff!! That was my thought too...

Even more shocking was the ZR Donzi for the same $$$ as the 43 NT cat - now THAT is crazy!!
Old 02-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 40 baja outlaw suposedly had a sticker of $700,000
same problem. when your price is the same as nortech &
outerlimits it's hard to sell donzi's & baja's.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think some companies jacked up prices on boats for the show. Not neccesarly talking about NT or donzi. (loved the 43 NT, and ready to trade my 36 for it when i can afford it). Some prices just seemed unreasonable compared to others.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Registered

Just got back from Miami. Thank you for the acknowledgment.
Looks like we're leaving money on the table. New price.. One hundred billion dollars!
Terry
Old 02-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Just got back from Miami. Thank you for the acknowledgment.
Looks like we're leaving money on the table. New price.. One hundred billion dollars!
Terry
lol! Not sure about that, but of the three times I stopped by the booth to talk to you, I couldn't get close, you guys were buuuuuuusy!! Great display and really nice product Terry - you guys should be proud!

BTW, is the apparel being offered by you guys or by Randy, would love to get a bit of it?

Thanks,
-Mark-
Old 02-22-2005, 09:45 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I doubt the price on the paper at the show and the number written on the check of the purchuser are the same...

Powerboat (the nitwit bible!!!) last year had the test on Perfect Storm a 36 Nortech Cat saying price was in the $600k range and two page later Typhoon had the boat advertised for $455k or something.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Come on GL - you don't think some 'nit-wit' paid $775k for that 38 Donzi!? lol!

Hey, how is the little guy doing!? Mine is due in 6 weeks, (first one).

Quick Reply: '05 Miami show (my take)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.