Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Marine Vinyl (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96981-marine-vinyl.html)

Fountain38SC 02-22-2005 10:13 AM

Marine Vinyl

I know this has been covered before. I'm recovering the hatches and back seat on the Fountain. Where can I get Marine vinyl. I did a search but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks

bryanspeedracer 02-22-2005 10:43 AM

Re: Marine Vinyl

Go to "www.Yourautotrim.com".

They have marine vinyl and that cool carbon look vinyl at bargain prices. If you want close to home, go to Joanne fabrics.

Ted G 02-22-2005 11:29 AM

www.outdoortextiles.com

fund razor 02-22-2005 11:40 AM

Yep. Joanne fabrics or that kind of place has it.... just limited colors.

It's in with the regular vinyl. The label from the manufacturer at the end of the ream will say "Marine Vinyl" I have had good luck with basic colors (like white, gray, etc.), and it's pretty cheap.

bouyhunter 02-22-2005 05:34 PM

It's been a about 6-7 years, but I got mine at a place called Hancock Fabrics.
They actually had a fairly good color selection. I was using white and maroon.

It's a funny story. I got the bug to do the interior one Saturday while my (now) ex-wife was working. Went out and tore all the interior out of the boat.
Went to Sears, bought a heavy-duty sewing machine, went to the fabric store.
At the fabric store, they had these little discount/punch cards. It was something like every $10 you spent you got a punch, and when you filled the card ($100) you got $5 or $10 off (something like that). So I get to the checkout and this gal fills up like 4 cards with punches, the little old ladies behind me inline (as well as the check-out lady)are shocked that I'm spending over $400 on fabric.
When my (ex) wife gets home, I'm in the basement workshop, open beer on the table (which happend to be a sheet of plywood on top of my tablesaw), cigarette hanging outta my mouth, and trying to teach myself how to sew vinyl. Helluva sight!
My interior came out really well, no wrinkles, nice and tight, nice straight stiching lines.
I'll admit however, I had to outsource the work on the bolsters, I just couldn't get it together without wrinkles. But I did the rest of the interior myself. Looked great.
Good luck with your project!

baronmarine 02-22-2005 06:56 PM

try G & T in grand rapids,mi. all types of marine vinyl. 616-452-3512
they used to supply one of the shi baot mfg. i thing it was mastercraft.
todd

LPBoater 02-22-2005 07:26 PM

Kent,

Call Barry Langdon in Aurora - Langdon Bros. He re-did my Powerquest and matched the vinyl perfect. Barry does hot rod car interiors mostly, but does excellent boat stuff too. He did Hawkman's about two years ago too. Dont have his number at home, but I'll send it tomorrow

LP

LubeJobs42 02-22-2005 07:30 PM

They have the nicest, newest stuff available.
http://www.getti.us/carbonfiber.html

lakeluvr 02-23-2005 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Fountain38SC
I know this has been covered before. I'm recovering the hatches and back seat on the Fountain. Where can I get Marine vinyl. I did a search but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks

HI,
Are you actually going to do the upholstery yourself? If so I admire you especially if you don't have any esperience, as the Fountain interiors are usually very intricate and detailed. If so, its usually hard to buy anything from the big distributors as they generally only sell wholesale. If you can't find any, contact me and I'll try to get some for you at cost. Good luck.
Contact info is on website.
John
Sunrise Upholstery