Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Palm Beach County Boaters Rally (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97018-palm-beach-county-boaters-rally.html)

vogellvp 02-22-2005 07:14 PM

Palm Beach County Boaters Rally

This is just a reminder. Palm Beach Boaters Rally March 12th.
Please contact me if you are going to participate so I can make arrangements to get you those protest signs. Signs will be back from printer March 4th. 2 news stations and the Post have showed interest in covering the event. There is power in numbers people, lets get those numbers on the water please.

Thank you for your support - Crystal :evilb:

Ron P 02-22-2005 08:47 PM

Re: Palm Beach County Boaters Rally

Who ya protesting?

Your cause isn't very clear.

Dean Ferry 02-22-2005 09:24 PM

Ron P,
Please go to www.cffw.org and learn more about what we are trying to do here in Fl.
To answer your ?, we are protesting the $MC, Fl and Feds. Manatee zones!!! This our local protest, here in Brevard Co.

Boater’s Rally Against

The Regulations!

Join hundreds of boats and thousands of family boaters in the Banana River portion of the Merritt Island Barge Canal on Saturday, March 12th, from 10:00 A.M. until 12:00 P.M. This is the first weekend after this year’s Florida Legislature begins so our cause will get maximum exposure when we need it the most. With the recent changes in the law and public opinion there is now a chance for real relief but Boaters must make their feelings known! Let our elected leaders and everyone driving on 528 see that you are fed up with the injustices being inflicted on the boating public. Cruise up and down at slow speed with protest signs on your boat. Signs will be available at the mouth of the Barge Canal and near the big 528 bridge. Look for the CFFW boats with the “Stop the Madness” signs displayed. We need to show the world we care about family boating and the danger of zealous overregulation.

For more information contact:

CITIZENS FOR FLORIDA’S WATERWAYS

Steven Webster @ (321) 452-4140 or

Robin Turner @ (321) 868-1895

Email: [email protected] Web page: www.cffw.org

HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!

Dean

Formula Outlaw 02-23-2005 07:06 AM

I've got somewhere between 8 and 12 boats joining me at the Venice Inlet location to assist in this.

Don't know how many boats will show up but I hope it's "too many"....

TeamTaboo 02-23-2005 07:16 AM

Vogellvp when is the 12th, where do we meet I will be there.

vogellvp 02-23-2005 09:46 AM

The 12th is on a Saturday. The destination is Peanut Island. The signs can be picked up at my office a week before the rally or I can make arrangements to bring you them just let me know. My office is in Lake Park off Northlake Blvd. Let me know. Thanks

Cash Bar 02-23-2005 12:06 PM

Hey Taboo, I'd like to join up with you if you have room.

Give me a call, sorry I missed you at Miami.

Greg
678-778-4734

ScottB 02-23-2005 12:12 PM

I'm in with 2 boats, PM with drections, date and time to pick up signs.
I live in Jupiter. Is there any more specific info on the peanut island rally?

ScottB 02-23-2005 01:35 PM

I am copying this from another board posted by Crystal. Lets load up the waterways

This is an invitation/request that those of you located in Palm Beach County Florida participate in a boat rally Saturday March 12th. The cause is Florida Boaters Against The Regulations. Take Back The Water! Thanks to Save The Manatee Club the Federal agencies have created more and more restrictions along our waterways. Slow speed zones that do not even help manatee mortality because it is a proven fact that mantatees can not hear slow moving vessells but can hear fast ones and have time to get out of harms way. Permits for waterfront development are delayed for years because the manatee club's opinion is that for evey marina or even single family dock built presents a chance for a manatee to be struck by a vessel ingressing or egressing from those structures. It is time to show them that opinion can not over rule science. We want every group that loves the water to get out there and remind the Florida Legislatures that we are concerned and we are active. It is one thing to fill up a meeting room, it is another to fill up the waterways. This event is State Wide. Please join hundreds of boaters Saturday March 12th. Beginning at 10:00AM hit the water and head to Peanut Island to show your support. Cruise up and down the Intracoastal Waterway at "slow speed" with protest signs on your boat. Signs will be available for pick up at Vogell Marine, Inc. 1331-F South Killian Drive Lake Park, Fl. the week before the rally. Please contact me for more information and notice to attend.

Crystal Mullins
Vogell Marine Inc.
561-625-9203 or [email protected]

vogellvp 02-23-2005 07:01 PM

The signs I have on order that will be back from the printer March 4th say the following: Downlist The Manatee - Stop The Manatee Insanity- Boaters Are Voters-Save Family Boating-Slow Speed Not The Answer- I ordered 25 of each ( a total of 125 ) our goal is to get all the signs out there. I have left flyers at several marinas so hopefully more will be contacting me for pick up. My 75 foot barge/crane and push boat will also be anchored out there with a large banner that says Stop the Madness - Property and Boaters Rights Rally - Take Back The Water - Docks Dont Kill Manatees. The second banner like this will be on my boat. The last plug on the banners about the docks for those who do not know is because we can not get permits for marina expansions or single family docks for a year because of the Save The Manatee Club lawsuit that claims for every slip built is a boat coming to and from that could strike a manatee. I will post a sign that lets others know they can get their signs from my boat if all have not been picked up from my office or delivered. I have no problem making deliveries if it means you boaters will join in.My office is located at 1331-F South Killian Drive in Lake Park. From 1-95 head east to Northlake Blvd to Old Dixie Highway. There is a Bev Smith Ford and K-Mart at this corner. Go South on Old Dixie to your second right (South Killian Drive) there is Tire Kingdom at this corner, we are 3/4 down on the right building 1331 / Vogell Marine Inc., please call my office to make sure the signs are in before arriving or to ask me to deliver them to you. I can be reached at 848-3333 or via e-mail [email protected]. or this site of course. Your support in this nightmare is greatly appreciated. The idea is for anyone who owns a boat to hit the waterways at 10:00am, destination is Peanut Island. We want as many boats as possible to go along the ICW to Peanut Island from all directions with these signs. The media will be watching so no speeding. The manatees are abundant this year regardless of what the Club says, they are everywhere. Lets keep it clean, keep it safe and show them we are responsible boaters and this punishment is out of line, based on activist opinions not scientific facts.
Thank You All Again - Crystal