Notices

Looking for speakers

Old 02-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for speakers

Hey, check out ETRONICS.COM. They have great prices, I bought the Pioneer Nautica 8" and they sound great.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Registered

I ran a car audio shop for many years the one main thing I would recommend is a very good head unit my preference has always been alpine they do not make a marine unit but the tend to hold up better and last longer. It all starts with the radio, next you can never have to much power the more power you put to the speakers the better they will sound. There are a lot of nice speakers available I am not real familiar with all the specialty marine brands but most will sound pretty good with a nice amp usually volume is the main issue in a boat as long as it sounds pretty clean. I have always liked the Boston Acoustic speakers, a friend of mine has the bazooka 8 inch full range speakers the sound pretty good, more bass than a 6 inch but nothing sounds like a sub. Just my 2 cents I hope it helps.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as the really wild looking ones that you may or may not have seen I think that most of them are custom grills. We have made a few for customers on CNC machines but they get into some money. I would look more for quality of sound. Everyones ear is a little different so take a listen to as many as you can. There are a lot of quaility speakers mentioned above so check them out. Unfortunatly one of my favorites is now gone so I am not sure what to replace the Babbs with I am sure that the JL's and Infinities will make you happy. The clarion speakers always impressed me as well and that suprised the hell out of me.

Jon
Old 02-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Most brands top of the line speakers are pretty comparable, like Audiofn said they all sound a little different and some like one more than another for various reasons. I personally use Focal Utopia line mids but a 1000.00 a pair they are pretty pricey. For a more affordable speaker I really like the Diamond Audio s600 mids. You can by them from www.onlinecarstereo.com for about 350.00 a pair. What ever you buy dont buy something cheap because you will most likely be unhappy with them in long run.
Rons Custom billet grilles has some pretty neat stuff, http://www.ronscustomdetail.com/shop_blade.html , you can get all different types of billet grilles anodized or polished to your liking. They are kinda pricey but he's one of the few places I have found that have anything custom like that.
I painted my grilles white with some good paint from Sherwinn Williams automotive paint, you can take a piece of your vinyl to them and they can make you up a couple of aerosol cans that will match perfectly. If you dont have a Sherwinn Williams near you try any automotive paint shop and they should be able to help you out. You can always paint the frames one color (like the color of your welts in you interior) and the grilles white. that looks really cool. I've done that for a couple of people myself.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Registered

There are a lot of GREAT marine speakers on the market right now. You have the old standards of clarion, mb quart, pioneer etc. And now you have the new players to you ears like Bravox(Made speakers in Brazil for Quart for years), Fusion (3 years warranty and great price and VERY efficient), Audiobahn (horn tweeters, very efficient and a little more money) and cant forget Bazooka (bullet proof meant for very harsh environments with a 2 year warranty, about $100/pair) if you want pictures let me know and I can send them to you since they all look different and I can let you know where you can go get them. If you buy them from an authorized shop it automatically adds 1 year to the warranty so it is worth it.

Damian
Old 02-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered

Oops, cant forget about JL..JL is new to the game and this is their shot at marine. For some reason they went with a silk tweeter..We carry them and have a bunch in the field right now on a lot of center console installations. The jury is still out as they have only been in the boat for a couple of months, but they build a great product and I just want a little more time on them so see what happens.

Damian
Old 12-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Registered

Hello everyone!

I am Holly the owner of Xtreme Audio Covers. We have some wonderful products available on our site, www.xaudiocovers.com.

Call me with any questions!

Holly Kirchner
[email protected]
www.xaudiocovers.com
(949)233-1450
Old 12-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Krumbsnatcher
Hello everyone!

I am Holly the owner of Xtreme Audio Covers. We have some wonderful products available on our site, www.xaudiocovers.com.

Call me with any questions!

Holly Kirchner
[email protected]
www.xaudiocovers.com
(949)233-1450
Holly your links for the products on your web site are taking me to another site. Just thought you may want to know

Jon
Old 12-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
Lets put this in perspective, you are in a 200K??? boat you don't need speakers you need a F$%^ing system. I suggest MBquart mids and highs, JL audio subs, PPI amps, Claron or Sony head unit. Suck it up and have a custom shop design it for you or maybe Audiofn and Forest will chime in to help.

WILL
I'm with him!!! That kind of boat needs a Sonic Laxative Machine!!! There's lots of stuff out there from JL, Kicker, RF etc...etc... will keep that boat loud with the engines off. Chicks dig that kind of stuff man...
Old 12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

He has sold that boat .its a old thread

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Looking for speakers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.