Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Key West - where to stay? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97095-key-west-where-stay.html)

inbetween 02-23-2005 05:19 PM

Key West - where to stay?

I know it's a long way off, but we need to make some reservations for November. We've never been so we are looking for suggestions for places to stay for a week. Not looking to spend a fortune if possible.

Thanks

boatnt 02-23-2005 06:45 PM

Re: Key West - where to stay?

If you can stay about 20 miles before key west at duck key
at Hawcks Kay Resort. great place been there about 4 times
.Great marina,also kid friendly.
If you have to stay in Key West check out a hotel called
The most Southern point Hotel I never stayed there but Friends stay there every year and they love it. :drink:

CAP071 02-23-2005 06:49 PM

You can get a really cheap place if you stay off Key West

FountainCS 02-23-2005 06:58 PM

Inbetween, try the Island House. HEHE...just kidding, unless you like rainbow flags. Where you stay depends on what you want. Are you planning on spending much time at the hotel? Some of the Courtyard by Marriot are nice with nice pools. It's about a $15 cab ride to "downtown" from the furthest point on Key West. 4 or more is $3.50 per person. If you want to be close, Hyatt, Crowne Plaza on Duval is real nice but expensive, Pier House. Go to www.keywest.com and you should be able to find what you need. Some of the B&B's are very cool! Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions. Good luck.

pasunbum 02-23-2005 07:03 PM

i stay at the southern most, very clean, two pools,walk to all the bars , i think the best value for you money... lots to do and anything you are looking for is there in key west......

drypipetiger 02-23-2005 07:05 PM

We stayed at the Hilton last year and we have reservations there this year. Very satisfied, on the ocean, close to all.

Ms PatriYacht 02-23-2005 07:37 PM

The Hilton location is great, we watched from their deck godd spont and waitress service :drink: in between races we took a dip in the pool. We did not stay there but the Wigginout's and their friends did. They liked it so much they booked the corner suite with the view of the race for this year.

Madcow 02-23-2005 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by boatnt
If you can stay about 20 miles before key west at duck key
at Hawcks Kay Resort. great place been there about 4 times
.Great marina,also kid friendly.
If you have to stay in Key West check out a hotel called
The most Southern point Hotel I never stayed there but Friends stay there every year and they love it. :drink:

Thats at marker 66 (more than 20 miles) and can be an hour and a half drive, depending on traffic. :eek:

happy hours 02-23-2005 08:03 PM

I have stayed at the Hyatt Sunset down by the Hilton and Mel Fishers. (there is a second Hyatt location by the beach too but I have never stayed there) and was very pleased. Walk to everything and was very reasonable for the place and location.

Ron P 02-23-2005 09:11 PM

Nice two bedroom condos. www.1800atlantic.com