St. Louis Needs To Update Draw To Show >

St. Louis Needs To Update Draw To Show

Notices

St. Louis Needs To Update Draw To Show

Old 02-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Louis Needs To Update Draw To Show

Everyone is saying show is boring, same old show, why is St. Louis so far behind the times. We are 2 hours from one of the biggest performance boating lakes in the nation. What draws people to the miami show are the new boats with technology, and cool paint jobs and motors. because they are sold out of space to all the bass boats, docks, hoists, and marketing gimmicks, there is no space for the boats that draw people. I have tried to get space for the Nortech line and venom powerboats and they are sold out. The lake is changing. people are going bigger, faster, and paint jobs that match their personalities.Let some of the new products and boats in to draw more people. Just my 2 cents
Old 02-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: St. Louis Needs To Update Draw To Show

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Everyone is saying show is boring, same old show, why is St. Louis so far behind the times. We are 2 hours from one of the biggest performance boating lakes in the nation. What draws people to the miami show are the new boats with technology, and cool paint jobs and motors. because they are sold out of space to all the bass boats, docks, hoists, and marketing gimmicks, there is no space for the boats that draw people. I have tried to get space for the Nortech line and venom powerboats and they are sold out. The lake is changing. people are going bigger, faster, and paint jobs that match their personalities.Let some of the new products and boats in to draw more people. Just my 2 cents
MAYBE.........MAYBE NOT......as a Hi Perf boat dealeron Long Island I am very selective as to which shows we exhibit at. Whatever show we are in , we are a big hit with the sleek, bright, cool and fast machines.........we also become entertaimnment for all the kiidie while mom and dad shop for the Bayliner or the $22K fishing boat. Gets OLD fast. As in the NY show which always had all the big players....NOT ANY MORE....that show is also lame compare to Miami or even AC or LA. Also in this area not very many perf boat deals happen from the shows. SO....why do them just for entertaining the crowds....my .02 I was at Miami and the people shopping WERE SHOPPING......AND BUYING...... AND NOT TIRE KICKING
Old 02-26-2005, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: St. Louis Needs To Update Draw To Show

I'm not, by any means, defending the fishing boats. But, how many fishing boats are registered in the two states that primarily occupy the STL boat show? There is definately ALOT! I would like to see more performance boats there. The facts are what the public buys. And the Edward Jones Dome cannot handle the capacity of that of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. There simply is not enough room and its also not an in-water boat show.