Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Info on this 28 Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97543-info-28-apache.html)

BLee 03-02-2005 03:39 PM

Info on this 28 Apache

My buddy is looking at this boat. Some of you 28 Apache guys have probably seen it. Tell me what you know. Thanks! :cool:

Here it is.

magnum27 03-02-2005 04:01 PM

Re: Info on this 28 Apache

I am kind of surprised that 70 is the top speed on that boat with 502's in it. I just assumed it would be faster than that. I know it is a heavy, well built boat and all but to have that much power in a boat that size, I figured it would be close to 80 if not more.

Steve_H 03-02-2005 06:31 PM

cant remember what thread i saw it refered to but someone posted they looked at it and found it was completely trashed.

SABER28 03-02-2005 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_H
cant remember what thread i saw it refered to but someone posted they looked at it and found it was completely trashed.

that was me, saber28, i did look at it in 98. and yes it was trashed. worst of all the guy who was selling it was a total LIAR, bentley was his name and it was in sturgeon bay so maybe he still owns it. call me if you want the whole story 616-901-0157, scott

apache21 03-02-2005 09:23 PM

Brandon, I tried to buy that apache it needs lots of work. The broker said the owner won't move on the price. There is a 28 in grand haven that would be a better deal for the money. The Yellow 28 needs 15,000 to bring it up to par.

BLee 03-02-2005 11:44 PM

As always, thank's guys. I told him I could have that boat shaken down by tomorrow morning. Looks like I was way too conservative. I think he's just feeling the water right now. He wants a powerboat at some point though. Thanks again. :cool:

MARK BENTLEY 03-03-2005 08:39 AM

This cracks me up. I normally don't get involved in these politics. If anyone wants to see this boat, call me. Saber, not sure who you are, but if you have a problem with me or this boat, call me. I have been in this business for over 20 years. I'm not going to wreck my reputation on a 35k boat. It has some use, but it's not trashed. There are 1990 boats out there that are in better condition and many that are in worse shape. If someone really wants to buy the boat. Just come and look at it, make a reasonable offer and you can own it. No nonsense and no bs. My number is (920) 743-7842

Cord 03-03-2005 12:19 PM

I talked to the broker extensively last year. After I heard some rumors about the interior being "trashed", I put the question directly to the broker. He said that the interior does "need some work" but really didn't expand on that. I suppose that could be translated as being trashed, but everybody has their own definitions. I remember the broker also saying something about 600 hours. I believe that those were the hours on the drives, that the engines were newer. Can't recall. If so, then you might as well plan on rebuilding them. Being laid off late last year pretty well killed the whole deal but I think things would have been more feasible if he'd been willing to take the cat on trade. Either way, it's a lot of money to ask for when the boat needs some work.

Cord 03-03-2005 12:21 PM

Mark-just read your post and realized that it was you that was listing this boat. My guess is that neither of us realized that we were e-mailing each other. Small world. I hope I didn't dis you with my post above. I tried to post things as I remembered them. PM me if you wish.

MARK BENTLEY 03-03-2005 03:53 PM

Cord, no problem. Here is the scoop on the interior...it is not perfect, but above average. You can see that some panels have been replaced. (yellow is brighter on sun pad and back seat) Basically the high wear areas have been replaced. It's not ripped or sun-bakedand there is no rot. Cockpit cover is fresh and he had a custom sewn mooring cover made for it also.