Mesa Racing Engines New Releases

Notices

Mesa Racing Engines New Releases

Old 03-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Mesa Racing Engines New Releases

Laz nice sounding package . Looks like some high dollar stuff in that valve train . Is that a aluminum block i see ? Whats the RPM at the 800hp? More spec's please

Good luck Laz. It sounds like you did alot of research and REAL testing on these motors before offering them to the public.

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laz (STOP WHAT YOUR DOING) TMP say's you can't use those heads! They won't work! What about your lifters? It can't go 100 hours without TMP's lifters!

Back to reality ---- Glad to see you trying real head combo's for that 632.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

All the power in by 5600rpm and we've made the power with conventional heads also so if someone wants that power and wants to go with standard non symmetrically port we can also do it we went with the 14 degree more for the blower set up than anything else but we also tested it on a na combo also and it makes the power and the torque. We just finished a Brodix headed cnc port similar to what we use on the 700s and it made 1100 on pump gas with a tight lash solid roller and I've personally got one in my street car that has 8500 miles on it and never pulled the valve covers off yet. I feel when the valve trane the geometry and the spring press is right these engines will go a long ways without maintenance but I also feel research is critical and these set ups have to be tested. Sincerely Laz Mesa
PS Here is the engine that I was running in my car until someone fell in love with it.
Attached Thumbnails Mesa Racing Engines New Releases-hpim0177a.jpg  
Old 03-04-2005, 07:36 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOBODY
Laz (STOP WHAT YOUR DOING) TMP say's you can't use those heads! They won't work! What about your lifters? It can't go 100 hours without TMP's lifters!

Back to reality ---- Glad to see you trying real head combo's for that 632.

nobody, i don't think TMP ever said those heads don't work, just that they don't need them, and mesa just told you the same thing.....
Old 03-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Sean H
nobody, i don't think TMP ever said those heads don't work, just that they don't need them, and mesa just told you the same thing.....
Well said, that is why Mercury used the 14 and even the 16 degree head in their Pro Offshore series motors that ran in Europe for many years, I know because we have those complete EFI motors in the shop. However, the customer is the key in any engine package, some like to fly and some like be part of the pack. When selling a package customer is told the pros and cons and the maintenace that follows with a solid roller set up of any kind. Some people know what a dipstick is and some dont, for those that dont know need allot of money to pay for repairs.

Albert

Last edited by MIAMIBOYZ; 03-04-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
I believe they said they had trouble with the valvetrain on these heads, but not many other people have this trouble.

As far as needing them, how do you think you make big HP
If you ever get a chance look at some Sterling big inch motors and you won't see regular heads.
One thing I want to point out is the whole fact those heads exist is so the runners are the same length and if you know anything about motors this is a plus.

Your right though the size and the amount of air needed (RPM and CI) dictates how good the heads have to be.
You can get spreadport heads that are available today with very small runners and will flow more than big runner 24's.
In this game the smaller the runner can be and still flow air the more HP you'll have all the way through the RPM band.

Last edited by NOBODY; 03-06-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Registered

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Laz

Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Last edited by NOBODY; 03-04-2005 at 10:21 PM.