Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire >

Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire

Notices

Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire

Old 03-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire

JEEZ FORMOUT...My point was ONLY to say that the PITA's have been trying to shut the lake "down" for their personal use...to the exclusion of others...(like you & me)...I was merely stating that one of your statements wasn't far from wrong, but isn't true...Sorry if I ruffled your feathers...that wasn't my intention...JAY...HEY COWISLE...HOWYADOIN...You gonna be a bizzy boy come spring re-launch/deliveries... ...Billy sez hi...
Old 03-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire

Winnepasaukee is absolutely georgeous! Beautiful clean water and plenty of places to visit and plenty of things to do. I have been on the lake for over 20years and can't get enough.

Just make sure you get a chart because there are some rocky areas you need to know about before launching.

Good luck.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by velocitoy
JEEZ FORMOUT...My point was ONLY to say that the PITA's have been trying to shut the lake "down" for their personal use...to the exclusion of others...(like you & me)...I was merely stating that one of your statements wasn't far from wrong, but isn't true...Sorry if I ruffled your feathers...that wasn't my intention...JAY...HEY COWISLE...HOWYADOIN...You gonna be a bizzy boy come spring re-launch/deliveries... ...Billy sez hi...

The capitalization of the word "not" is what semi annoyed me. I took it as though you thought I did not know what I was talking about. If I took that wrong I apologize to you.

I confess your statment of "I was merely stating that one of your statements wasn't far from wrong, but itsn't true", I have no clue whatsoever what that means.

Anyone on this Forum who "knows" me will tell you I speak my mind and tell it straight. I do it with respect and courtesy, but I don't blow smoke.

I respect the rights of all boaters to enjoy the lake irregardless of which type of vessel they choose to operate.
Even those who strongly disagree with me.

Have a great time up there this summer. I just might make it up that way myself. It's a fabulous place.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Registered

I was up there 2 years ago and stayed at the NASWA. The lake is great!!! Lots of places/towns to go to and dock for lunch and/or cocktails, nice clean water, etc.

Hard to get much sleep at the NASWA. We had one of the rooms across the street and the HARLEYS were going by all night! That was my only gripe. Next time I'll try a quieter spot.

Other than that, It's a great place to go boating and get away.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:25 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a Bizer chart! not a lot of GPS co's providing chips for Winni. Once you know what to avoid you'll be OK. If your single take the boat to the Nazwa at night . If your married, tell the wife a thong is mandatory! (we do have a weight exemption that few seem to follow) Scenery is awesome, mountains all around. Before you go post in the New England thread http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...hlight=england lot of guys know the lake really well and can lead you around at night.

btw - Ice out should be early August this year
Old 03-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CMG

btw - Ice out should be early August this year

DUDE.. I SO don't want to hear that.. I'll be there in July for the Donzi poker run... Guess I won't be swimming
Old 03-05-2005, 05:17 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Scott B
DUDE.. I SO don't want to hear that.. I'll be there in July for the Donzi poker run... Guess I won't be swimming
Oh you'll be able to swim - just remember where the air holes are. Our polar bears have been known to share.

July will be fine, it actually hit 38 degrees today
i hate it here in the winter
Old 03-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CMG
Oh you'll be able to swim - just remember where the air holes are. Our polar bears have been known to share.
July will be fine, it actually hit 38 degrees today
i hate it here in the winter
Oh ducky... I'll be sure to pack a dry suit

Nearest airport is Manchester???

And, what is the DB law??
Old 03-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Make sure you get a chart of the lake, Winni has there own buoy system, And beware of the "Witches" it could make for a very costly day!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 05:36 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

MHT is the nearest real airport, there are small regional closer (Concord & laconia) but biggest they get are corporate jets at best. Not sure what DB is, I have silent thunder on my Formula so not an issue. Captains Call is a no-no but a lot guys have and use it. When they get near the MPs or around the hot spots they switch.

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.