Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Calooshatchee River .........does anyone here. >

Calooshatchee River .........does anyone here.

Notices

Calooshatchee River .........does anyone here.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Calooshatchee River .........does anyone here.

Here we are. We will be on the Fort Myers poker run. See ya there.

Keep it on the lift behind the house in Estero Bay in Bonita.
Attached Thumbnails Calooshatchee River .........does anyone here.-mvc-760f.jpg  
Old 03-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

terry, new biz is getting up and running, hustler is sold, i think. starting to sock away loot for a new 39 footer.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Registered

To answer your question there are a lot of places to go for lunch and dinner. This area does not have a good boater's guide to boating but there are many waterfront places.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enticer: Get hookup with a realestate guy. My wife have this guy e-mails us 20 different condos and townhouses up north. I cut them down to 5 and met up with him when we got down here. That way saves time. The prices of realestate is determine by how far you are off the river. Closer to the river the higher the price. Also depends on how many bridges there is. No bridges and the price is high. One thing to remenber is make sure you get a wide canel as the lift is only allow to go out 25% of the canel width. Thats why you see most of the lifts on an angle or sideways to the seawall. One other thing check the water depth some canels are low on depth and you can only go out at high tide. Thee are just things to check before signing on the dot it line. Hope you make it as I need some big power boating buddies. I have a 380 PQ Avenger with 500efi's I am wanting to bring down. There is also a real nice marina call Mid-Island family boating center right in the middle of town. He has cover rack storage with the capability of racking 38's. I have already check into this place. Real clean and the ability to lift 38's off your trailer. He quote me $384 a month with all the in and outs I wanted. Plus he has all the cleanup racks and flush out equipment right there. Hopes this helps you some more.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Registered

wildman is right, just buy something there and you won't get hurt, I study realestate markets all over and buy alot of stuff, I think your best bet in the cape is a nice home in the cape with good proximity to the river in the 400-450 range with a pool. do an intrest only, rent it for 12-1300 per month and let it set for 2-4 years. in 4 years you should make around 300k minimum. it is really that easy, I have done it more than once.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:12 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I had my Thunder down there for a few weeks in January this year and had a blast. I have a good friend that is into real estate and owns a house on Whiskey Creek just off the river. The biggest thing I had to get used to was the speed limits. It does take a while to get to open water. As it is every time I take my boat down there it was colder than hell when I was down but we still had a good time. As these guys have said there are a lot of places to go by boat . I'm just lucky I didn't run into hugetime while I was down there in his backyard.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman1
There is also a real nice marina call Mid-Island family boating center right in the middle of town. He has cover rack storage with the capability of racking 38's. I have already check into this place. Real clean and the ability to lift 38's off your trailer. He quote me $384 a month with all the in and outs I wanted. Plus he has all the cleanup racks and flush out equipment right there. Hopes this helps you some more.
Better jump on that $384.00 per month. That is cheap. Wiggins Pass Marinia is now going "Dockamimiums" for big bucks. Rack storage in the beach area is $512.00 and rising as other marinas are closing. It will be to the place soon that unless you have your own doxk and lift you will be out of luck. Very few GOOD ramps around for larger boats off the rivers. The water on the island and intercosatal waterways are too shallow.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you entering the river from the west. Does a no wake start immediately or is up the river so far and at what point?
Old 03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Registered

There are a series of small uninhabital islands on the north side of the mouth of the river all covered with mangroves. As you follow the river up (also following the markers) they neck down to a narrow striaght where the NO WAKE zone begins. Once you pass that area it is pretty much open. Respect the markers as you are traveling into a marina or restaurant.

Have you decided on the inside or outside? I know I mentioned the Green Flash but Cabbage Key is a great watering hole. Average bar food but a real great party center.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm sure these guys can tell you a little better but here is what I saw. As you head up the river there is a small island that is a no wake zone. When you get past the island you get a 25 mph zone (in channel) for a few miles then another no wake zone. This one is about a half to three quarters of mile long and is a little fishy. These are called manatee zones but there just happens to be a nice set of condos in the middle of the zone. I am afraid I'm not much help past the midpoint bridge. That short run from downtown to open water takes about 30-40 minutes.

Quick Reply: Calooshatchee River .........does anyone here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.