Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just watched "The Italian Job".... big block outboards?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97809-just-watched-italian-job-big-block-outboards.html)

Waterfoul 03-07-2005 05:29 PM

Just watched "The Italian Job".... big block outboards??

Wow, those merc outboards in the opening scenes sure sound like big blocks.... who do these movie guys think they are fooling with the FAKE sounds????

Other than that, a pretty good movie.

yesrej 03-07-2005 06:00 PM

Re: Just watched "The Italian Job".... big block outboards??

i went to watch it in the theater with my girlfriend and some friends and went the boat scene came on i was pissed when i heard the v8 outboards. but the best part was before i could say anything my girlfriend turned to me and said, where the hell did they get those outboards from. i was very impressed.

glassdave 03-07-2005 06:18 PM

somebody put up a link to a clip of a boat race in an old Miami Vice episode. i was impressed that they actually used the real boat sounds. sounded great. saw a movie reciently with i think nicholas cage where they ended up doing a boat chase. one of them went all the way through the back of a coastguard boat :rolleyes: anyway i think they used a sound wave from a GT mustang or somthing. was the stupidest thing i ever heard. i kept waiting for a gear shift :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

masher44 03-07-2005 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave
somebody put up a link to a clip of a boat race in an old Miami Vice episode. i was impressed that they actually used the real boat sounds. sounded great. saw a movie reciently with i think nicholas cage where they ended up doing a boat chase. one of them went all the way through the back of a coastguard boat :rolleyes: anyway i think they used a sound wave from a GT mustang or somthing. was the stupidest thing i ever heard. i kept waiting for a gear shift :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Face/Off

tripps 03-07-2005 08:42 PM

Its the sound of a new merc 4 stroke with hooker headers :D :D :D tripps

dykstra 03-07-2005 08:50 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

DoTheMath 03-08-2005 09:17 AM

Watch Bad Boys II - the scene with the 38ZR Donzi in the harbor being chased by the helio's. At one point they "mash the throttles" on the boat to get away and when you play it back in slow-mo on the DVD you see that they actually pushed the shift levers forward and then played the sound over it... at least the sound was right, but the technical director blew it. :D

CigDaze 03-08-2005 09:33 AM

Hey Foul...Did you see Corrado's cousins? :D

Waterfoul 03-08-2005 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Hey Foul...Did you see Corrado's cousins? :D

You got me on that one.... is that a movie??

Crazyhorse 03-08-2005 11:37 AM

Hey, those are the special high-performance movie-guy outboards that sound just like big-blocks but perform like James Bond boats.