Notices

Sunseeker Apache

Old 03-10-2005, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts
Default Re: Sunseeker Apache

Imma hush and not say a word... But that seems to be the "general" consensus...and it was shrinkwrapped...in Sykesville...got the depends all twisted in a knot!!! ok so i didnt hush

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 03-10-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apache!!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Registered

I love that boat! I'm staying on it this Friday and Saturday night! Round II of restoration is being planned. I was going to sell it this spring (about now) but I just haven't used it enough yet, nor spent enough $$$ on it!

The center engine sits in front of the port and starboard. Not sure why it had a problem, but from what others are saying here.....perhaps it's typical? It should have less hours since I normally turn it off when in the no wake zone.....besides the center engine doesn't have the silent choice. Just straight pipes to the transom. I had to have the ope end done on the center. These motors (502Mag EFI) go forever. At the moment, I plan on going until something fails BIG on one of them, then a mild repower.

When you have all three going.....it's really quite a rumble at idle!
Attached Thumbnails Sunseeker Apache-dsc01643.jpg   Sunseeker Apache-dsc01600.jpg  

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 03-10-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos

When you have all three going.....it's really quite a rumble at idle!
So, let me guess........Your going to post whore on this thread all the way to 6000 posts???

By the way, what is an ope???
Old 03-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Registered

Ooops. TOP end It's hard being sober!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Ooops. TOP end It's hard being sober!
Are you?

What's it like???
Old 03-10-2005, 09:37 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

A boat that big NEEDS diesels.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
A boat that big NEEDS diesels.
That would be neat too! It won't get up and make some noise or speed for us performace guys though. I don't think they offer the gas engines anymore. In comparision.....I can rebuild 502's all year long compared to diesels....plus the drives too. If a Bravo breaks.....buy a used one or a part and your'e back together again! On this boat.....you're really not looking for that extra 2 mph speed. You're looking for another place to stash a case of beer and room for more lifevests.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Registered

6000 (again)
Old 03-11-2005, 04:17 AM
Registered

A Sunseeker Apache is a good idea. It's a lot of boat for the money. Most Apaches in Europe are diesel-powered by twin or triple Volvo KAD engines @ 230 or 260 hp. However, the speeds you get out of this combo is nothing near what a U.S. buyer would consider acceptable. It's about 48 mph with triple 260s. Hence the triple 502s which guzzle gas like it is getting cheaper every day, which is a bit dumb for a boat that is not intended to go that fast anyway, rather cruise comfortably with lots of (drunk) people on board.

So I agree with Stormrider. It does need big diesels, however the 45 Apache was never available with anything other than small Volvos. So my suggestion to Katapult's friend is to try to find the old Superhawk 50 model which is just a bigger version of the Apache but fitted with surface drives and your choice of big diesels: 600hp. Seateks, 680hp. MANs or you can even have it with 760hp. Detroits which you can rebuild all year long as well. Surface drives will not bother you and with the 50, you get an extra double cabin under the cockpit. Plus, it looks better too. The Apache is pretty skinny and that radar arch just looks too tall on it. The 50 is wider, has more volume and the radar arch looks just about right. Over 10 years on, it's still a very sharp-looking boat. They're very rare but should you find one, I know they can be picked up for cheap.
Attached Thumbnails Sunseeker Apache-ss45.jpg   Sunseeker Apache-ss50.jpg  

Last edited by super termoli; 03-11-2005 at 04:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Sunseeker Apache

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.