Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I am so pissed!! Need advice!! >

I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Notices

I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Old 03-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Originally Posted by SKRAMER
Is the car dented? Can you rub out the paint from the security arm. I would think the security company is responsible to have your car fixed. But if you don't want paint work done. Their not going to buy you a new car. I would have it fix buy the best body shop around and sell it. Good luck. Just my .02
Some of the white will come off with no problem. There are scraches and Ding like dents under them. I can't believe they don't have a foam pad under the arm. I guess it could have been worse, I could have been driving a convertable! OUCH!
Old 03-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Next is your repair. If it is done correct there will be no depreciation on your car. My wifes car got hit and you can not tell. I used to do auto body work and I know what to look for. Make sure that they are using Glazzo or Spieze Hekker (sp) paints. There are shops in every state that specialize in high end cars. Find them, look at cars that they have done. Ask them what the damage was and see if you can tell. If you can tell then keep looking. Some one that will do that car correctly will probably pull the windows (moldings at least), removed any moldings, blend down into the sides of the car
wrong... the # of mils of paint on the car is a dead giveaway that there was paint work...dimished value. bam if there is a high line used car manager that lets a repaint be traded in without him knowing it was a repaint he wouldn't hold a job very long because he would be getting put to sleep on trades. at palm beach mercedes wouold always have 2 or more people look at trades to make sure the dealership didn't get put to sleep on trades that have been painted or repaired. it takes about 1 minutes to check the paint mil thicknees on the entire car so you are probably screwed for the diminished value unless you hire a lawyer. good luck
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
get an attorney and sue for the damages and the dimished value to the car.i was a manager @ palm beach mercedes and fixed several cars with the same damages you have and the sign won't cut it in court THEY ARE RESPOPNSIBLE FOR YOUR damages. your estimate of 10k is probably conservative... there isn't a used car manager at any high line dealership that doesn't have a paint mil gauge, which will show what areas of your car were painted. there is no way to hide the paint work these days no matter how good a job the painter does. if your in fla i would be happy to hook my dually to the arm and the gaurd booth and relocate them a mile or so down the road...does the fat azz guard sleep in his lil booth? i'd drag his azz down the street in the booth! the guard knows he'll never own a fine automoblie like yours, it probably cost more than the losers house so he's a tad jelous of your mack daddy ride. good luck
If we pulled the gate and the guard house out with the Guard still in it we would be charged with a "RACIAL HATE CRIME" I'm sure
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Hell make it real expensive for them. Tell them that you want to send it to Gullwing Motors in Essex, MA. They are the premier Benz resoration shop in the world. They have won Pebble beach many times. Hell you could come out of it with your car being worth more. Of course it will cost them tens of thousands of dollars but hey that is not your proble. Bet they would fix the probably 10 dollar part that is broken then
Old 03-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

damn gino , getting it from every which way
Old 03-13-2005, 08:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just because they have a sign doesn't mean they aren't responsible. Suppose I had a sign in my front yard that said "Caution: All blowboaters will be shot on sight. " Would that absolve me of all liability? I think not.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

wrong... the # of mils of paint on the car is a dead giveaway that there was paint work...dimished value. bam if there is a high line used car manager that lets a repaint be traded in without him knowing it was a repaint he wouldn't hold a job very long because he would be getting put to sleep on trades. at palm beach mercedes wouold always have 2 or more people look at trades to make sure the dealership didn't get put to sleep on trades that have been painted or repaired. it takes about 1 minutes to check the paint mil thicknees on the entire car so you are probably screwed for the diminished value unless you hire a lawyer. good luck
All I can tell ya is there are cars that get repaired that are a LOT more expensive then that. You will have a very hard time getting depreciated value. Just make sure it gets fixed properly.

Jon
Old 03-13-2005, 08:04 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Originally Posted by cuda
Just because they have a sign doesn't mean they aren't responsible. Suppose I had a sign in my front yard that said "Caution: All blowboaters will be shot on sight. " Would that absolve me of all liability? I think not.
That would be enough for me
Old 03-13-2005, 08:04 AM
Registered

you may try a paintless dent repair guy. find one that does high end dealers work. have him do the paintless ding removal then take it to the dealer to have them wet sand and buff the minor scratches that remain after the paintless dent guy straightens the panels. if the dent guy can access the damaged ares from the backside you should be ok, leave it like that and you will probably be ok when you trade it in. good luck
Old 03-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

you may try a paintless dent repair guy. find one that does high end dealers work. have him do the paintless ding removal then take it to the dealer to have them wet sand and buff the minor scratches that remain after the paintless dent guy straightens the panels. if the dent guy can access the damaged ares from the backside you should be ok, leave it like that and you will probably be ok when you trade it in. good luck
Ya I would definatly go that route first.

Jon

Quick Reply: I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.