Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I am so pissed!! Need advice!! >

I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Notices

I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Old 03-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Originally Posted by open72
damn gino , getting it from every which way
It's been a rough weekend!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i have seen many insurance companies pay diminished value claims. one state farm adjuster told me about a dimished value claim on a ferrari the got wet from the pedals down. new carpets seats etc. state farm offered 4 k for diminsed value the owner refused and took it to arbitration. the y found for the owner and st. farm had to pay 32k for diminished value. ouch. diminished value is handled differently from one state to the other talk to a few high end body shops in your area and they should be able to educate you on how these claims are handled in your state. good luck
Old 03-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

there is one other option... you could chrome the damaged area and tell every one your a rapper or a pro ball player and have absolutly no taste, hence the chrome benz
Old 03-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
you may try a paintless dent repair guy. find one that does high end dealers work. have him do the paintless ding removal then take it to the dealer to have them wet sand and buff the minor scratches that remain after the paintless dent guy straightens the panels. if the dent guy can access the damaged ares from the backside you should be ok, leave it like that and you will probably be ok when you trade it in. good luck
I thought about that. The only problem, I don't know how they would get access to the dents. When the ding is in a door the drill a little hole in the door jam and access it that way. I don't know what they would do in this case. I would not let them drop the suade headliner. It figures, it had to be this car. Any other car I drive would have been no big deal. I have some luck lately!!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

One of my best friends is a pdr guy in Northern VA, they drill holes ONLY when necessary, its ok to drop headliners and such as they normally carry replacement snaps and pins to put them back, if they are top quality pdr guy that is. thats where you have to research it. A quality guy will be able to get all of them out no problem, and it is much less expensive, and better in the long run.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting you posted this thread. We were talking about this exact subject at work 2 weeks ago. A co-workers father had same exact situation happen to his Cayenne Turbo. Had the sign syaing the weren't responsible for damage and such. Anyway, he sued and won. Judge said he has resonable expectation for the gate to worl properly as long as the gate procedures were adhered to. ie Don't follow someone through...
Old 03-13-2005, 08:47 AM
RHC
Registered

Wink Re: I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Yesterday, I was having a great day. Took a ride down the beach. Got home and the security arm coming into the building closed on my car. It hit the roof, bounced 4 or 5 times putting scratches and dents down my roof and then did the same on my trunk. The arm which you pass first and the gate are broken at least once a week from this happening. I went to the security gaurd at the gatehouse (he didn't open or close it, I have a remote). I said to him, "Sir, the arm just closed on my car, what shuold I do". He looks at me and said "NEXT TIME, READ THE SIGN". The sign said Caution, One car at a time, not responsable for any damage done to car. Then he said "I bet you'll read the sign next time". This old Bas***d pissed me off worse the the damage to my car. The problem is, If you do paaint work on a car like this, It has to depreciate by $10K EASY. I wouldn't buy one with paint work. What would you do. When I got there the gate and arm were open (which is very common for a Saturday) The security gaurd stops non residents. I did hit my button on the remote and had no idea the arm would come down.
It sure sounds to me like ,,, The gate was open and then you said hit your button,,,, Why would someone elses insurance have to pay for your actions??? ,, Maybe I just read it wrong,,, but ,, You are the one that said it ,,, any how ,, good luck with the fixing ,,, do the best job possiable and life goes on ....
Old 03-13-2005, 09:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the gate will shut if open and you hit button..just fix it and you will soon forget it...what you will not forget is that repeated cat insurance.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Registered

Make sure and keep us updated on this one.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered

Ask the Mr. RUDE Rent-a-cop
for the name and phone number of his superviser
call his superviser and ask for his boss. Ask them if they pay these guys extra for the rude BS atttude and that there are other professional companys that supply guard shack attendants that you will be contacting. Remember the old plumber's rule **** runs down hill. Also if you use the pick-up truck to tear the arm off the gate BE SURE that you clearly have a sign posted on your truck just like the one they posted. Stop, get out, Shake you head, point at the sign after ripping the gate to shreds and say "Maybe you better read the sign next time". Get back in your truck do a U-turn and nail the exit gate too. If they try to claim your sign was not an excuse give them a bill for your new car.
Mistakes happen. Bad attitude and rudeness will not EVER be tolerated.
GO GET THEM!
Veecat in Texas

Last edited by VeeCat; 03-13-2005 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.