Trim tab advice for cats?? >

Trim tab advice for cats??

Notices

Trim tab advice for cats??

Old 03-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trim tab advice for cats??

I have a twin engine 28 TD Daytona. What is the main benefit of having a center tab like the big 18" x 30" that Fred sells at Trick Marine?

I've heard it makes the boat feel longer and handle better in big waves, which would sell me on one if true... LOTO can be a biotch...

Also, what's the difference in performance with one big center tab vs. two medium size outside tabs?
Old 03-13-2005, 08:15 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Default Re: Trim tab advice for cats??

i think i am going with the two more conventional style tabs on my 30 spectre.. after doing some research and lots of reading and question asking i found out that tunnel tabs really are only designed for getting on plane faster and smoothing out cruising speed, bascially elimanting any porpoise... i think two tabs are better than one, can level boat if need be and they would truly make the sponson longer where as the other just makes the tunnel longer. just my .02
Old 03-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But if you really want to be Bling Blingin' you need all 3 I have no idea if that would actually work or if things would get worse but it's something worth looking into.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't speak for a hull with a pod but on my 30' outboard motion the tunnel tab helps at cruise speed and is very useful in rough water where the boat now feels like a sterndrive boat.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:14 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
But if you really want to be Bling Blingin' you need all 3 I have no idea if that would actually work or if things would get worse but it's something worth looking into.

i have seen boats with all three... i don't know if that would be a benefit or not...
Old 03-13-2005, 09:14 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mmwalters
I can't speak for a hull with a pod but on my 30' outboard motion the tunnel tab helps at cruise speed and is very useful in rough water where the boat now feels like a sterndrive boat.

mine is already a sterndrive.... trying to make mine feel like a 36...
Old 03-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
Believe me, that's all ready crossed my mind...
Old 03-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
i think i am going with the two more conventional style tabs on my 30 spectre.. after doing some research and lots of reading and question asking i found out that tunnel tabs really are only designed for getting on plane faster and smoothing out cruising speed, bascially elimanting any porpoise... i think two tabs are better than one, can level boat if need be and they would truly make the sponson longer where as the other just makes the tunnel longer. just my .02
I think two would offer more stability and like you said, actually play a functional role in lengthening the boat.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
What are your thoughts on fixed style tabs?
Old 03-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Registered

Location: Brussels, Ont. CAN. Landlocked between Lake Huron, Ontario and Erie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harper220
What are your thoughts on fixed style tabs?
Like a tool box with only one wrench...

You need to have control over the hull. A fixed tab gives you just one setting in a sea (pun intended ) of ever-changing conditions. An adjustable system will allow YOU to take control of your hull no matter what sea conditions are like at any given time.

Quick Reply: Trim tab advice for cats??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.