Notices

Average Boater

Old 03-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Average Boater

Hey SpeedRacer
If your looking for a "down to earth" group of boaters try the Seneca power Boat Association a.k.a the SPBA. We welcome everybody - all the time, big or small. We have a great Poker Run every Year on Seneca Lake called the Pirates Run. We get half million dollar boats and we get 5K dollar boats. Our goal from the start is to have a good time. Try our Website at www.senecapowerboats.com for club info and a calander of events.
Attached Thumbnails Average Boater-pirates-run-05.jpg  
Old 03-14-2005, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Game On
I have friends with $300,000 boats and I love to ride on them when I can, but truth be known, I am out on the water with them having as much fun as anyone and only difference I see is MPH....
I take it your friends don't have performance boats?
Old 03-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Registered

probably below average here...

18' powerplay
2000 chevy 100,000 miles
credit card debit up the azz
and here get this....

Still live at home with parents

save all my money to buy $4 gallon race fuel
Old 03-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Troutly
Not sure what average really is. We live in a modest 14 year old house that I had built back when I was single. We have one vehicle (paid for) as we both have 'company cars' . We have no bills other than utility and insurance.

The boat is probably above average, but that is because we elect to stay in the home we have and not move up to something newer and bigger. We like to travel, but most of that revolves around boating at LOTO in the summer. Part of makes this happen is we work opposite shifts so we have no day care. Although we save money doing this, the real value is raising our own son. That itself is priceless
How often do you get down to LOTO? That's a commitment from MN. It's 5 1/2 to 6 hrs. down for me and always ***** about that being way too loooong...
Old 03-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer
.........and beautiful people.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!

What "average" boater are you looking at? I had a HobieCat 16 for nearly 15 years........I loved that boat! So you're got boaters with a boat that cost $500 (canoe) to $100M+ megayachts. To a canoe owner......spending $15,000 for a boat is insane! To a person with a $15,000 boat......spending $300K on a boat is equally insane. A person with a $300K boat couldn't even imagine spending $15 million on a yacht. It's a matter of scale, but most importantly it's the kind of person you are that counts and if you can get on the water!
Old 03-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Registered

Average - I wonder what that means anymore. Whats the average cost of a 18 to 50ft boat in 2005? 150k ? I hate payments so I'm limited and would have to say below average - but when it comes to time on the water Im above average. . Its all about priorities and security comfort level.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Registered

I would say I'm average. My boat is an 89' 311 SR1 Formula. Mild power, 454 mags. Truck is an 01 Dodge 2500 4x4 that I use for work, closing in on 80,000 miles.

Own a house that we are probably going to have to sell because of rising cost of insurances and taxes. Doubled in last three years.

Work my azz off only to seem to be going backwards. Had a 16 week bout with kidney stones last May that just killed me. Lost our health insurance and owe debts that otherwise would not and that just bugs the chit out of me.

So I do what most do, keep working and hope that nothing goes wrong for maybe two weeks in a row.

I love going down to see the PRA guys leave the Hyatt. I don't begrudge them at all, gives us all something to look at.

Some of my memories of my life are my most treasured assets. And then there are those other memories when all I can do is think to myself, "what in the *^#+ was I thinking"????

The friendships I've made here on OSO is right at the top.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Troutly
Three week long trips a summer. Usually stay six days plus a day on each end for travel. 10 - 11 hour drive depending on traffic and pit stops!!

Troutmaster: that's a pretty good day's driving pulling a rig behind you.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Average Boater

It's all about the boating and the friends. I am pretty average I can only boat the way do because I focus! No high dollar cars (04 2500 truck "leased", 94 Accord "driver) wife has a demo for work.

Decent house (only 1) No vacation home. (that's what the boat is for). No motorcycles. No snowmobiles.

Oh yeah! No Kids yet.

For my wife and myself we are VERY passionate about boating. That's all we do.

And we have made most of our best friends from boating

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Average Boater-dsc01410.jpg  
Old 03-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Registered

I do agree it's all about the people.

Wealthy or not, good people are good people!!!!

Dan

Quick Reply: Average Boater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.