Notices

496 Water Ingestion HELP

Old 07-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 496 Water Ingestion HELP

Can I get some help have a 2005 Chaparral 256 with a 8.1 Volvo past couple of ttimes it would stall sometimes coming off plane not all the time but once in awhile. Today it ran great for over an hour then I come of plane and it dies. Locked up solid I know it had water in it so I pull the plugs and water comes out the starboard side second plug from the back. It has the Corsa exhaust but at the time I was running under the water. Non of the pliugs look like i compressed water so I don;'t think I damanged the tops of the piston. I know this can happen did it several years ago with a diffetent boat. So what do you think Exhaust manifold , head gasket ?

I disconnected my fuel pump and cranked it over several times with out plugs. No strange noises. I am going to reinstall the plugs and see what happens.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2013, 05:39 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Lucky if you did not bend a connecting rod. Do you have flappers on it?