Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So much speed .....just one little oops! >

So much speed .....just one little oops!

Notices

So much speed .....just one little oops!

Old 03-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Firewalker

Default Re: So much speed .....just one little oops!

Yes on the other thread, there is the 176 mph boat. It was a Hydro, a different ball game again.
Power to weight is a little be of a BS number you need to look at Power to Torque...... The current speed records are a Joke to me. Ya his Reggieness and Mike have balls, and it takes a little skill to set the boats up.... but it is nothing more than an engine builders war. The clamp on's don't have that luxury. These are all balance and driver. Trust me, I have a billion hours in Big boats, fast ones, they are boring and a joke to drive. These guys are the real MEN of boating.

RT

Old 03-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Firewalker
You are high on hp, not may have that much, more in the mid high 3's. Weight is a safe number too.
The boat that Crashed is called an STV Mod-vp, the boats that were faster are River Rockets, 1 to 4 seaters, The fastest was a 3 seat pleasure boat that gets run every weekend. These arn't records either, just the boys out having fun.

RT
I wish I could have seen Dixons boat in person. That 12" midsection looked unreal on that boat. I know his personal boat is supposed to be lighter than the one he ran. Anyone know what it will run?
Old 03-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Firewalker

Yes his personal boat is the lighest Triad ever built. It weighs 473 lbs, it has a 2.5 sroker motor running on methnol. It will run the speeds done in fla and more with a full shifting greacase

Old 03-16-2005, 01:58 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Been posted already! You're behind the times again!

I'm crushed!

But, an awful lot of people seem to have skipped the other post.......or at least replied to this one.

Last edited by T2x; 03-16-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a buddy (he's drag120 on OSO, but doesn't post much...mostly over on screamandfly) with a 16' Seebold tunnel circle boat he has converted to drag race. His motors make as much as 400 hp without the laughing gas and the boat runs sub 10 seconds in the quarter. Motors don't tend to last long at 11,000+ rpm, but they go fast when they are still together!!! His boat is propped for the quarter, and tops out at about 120 or so, but with a taller prop and a longer run I'm sure it would do 130+. I've been with him testing when he's made 116 mph passes by me and I'll tell you what, that thing is barely in the water and is litterally SCREAMING as it goes by. This is a hobby for him, no budget other than his paycheck. Builds all his own motors, even after he blows holes in the blocks big enough to put your hand in.