Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat sound law?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98435-boat-sound-law.html)

kordisoffshore 03-16-2005 09:04 AM

Boat sound law??

Gibson exhaust has an ad. in Hotboat mag. telling me to not get busted for the sound law in effect January 2005. Anyone in St. Pete every get a ticket or pulled over for having loud exhaust. My boats pretty loud and Id like to try to avoid a ticket.

5150FORCE29 03-16-2005 09:19 AM

Re: Boat sound law??

I think its just a California/Arizona Lake Havasu BS Law their enforcing starting this 05 season. It's got everybody out here in an uproar. Truthfully its just another reason to pull us over on the water and test for alcohol BAC. I would check with the local Law Enforcment in your area before anything.

Good Luck, hopefully you guys aren't getting Fu&ked out there too! :cool:

Dean Ferry 03-16-2005 11:57 AM

No,
We're already screwed with the Manatee Zones. :mad:
MD

88Fount33 03-16-2005 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
No,
We're already screwed with the Manatee Zones. :mad:
MD

In Ft. Myers/Cape Coral is a group. "Standing Watch" that fights for Boaters rights against these "zones" that have been established. It is one group that challenges the "Save the ******* things."

hugetime1 03-16-2005 01:21 PM

I boated in cape coral for a whole year and never saw one of those wannabe walruses so what the hell are they protecting....

Waterfoul 03-16-2005 01:53 PM

Hey, I like manatees

With mashed potatoes and gravy!!

Or some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Anarchy Powerboats 03-16-2005 02:09 PM

Its an AZ/CA thing. We are putting together a legal fight to overturn it though.

Dangerous Dave 03-16-2005 04:34 PM

I have dry exhaust and have never gotten anything from the police on Tampa Bay other than a wave and a smile.

articfriends 03-16-2005 05:38 PM

Boatings not the only sport under attack for noise,in michigan and wisconson there has been a crackdown on loud snowmobiles,orvs and there are circle tracks requiring race cars to also be muffled,every year it gets worse and people have tried to fight it but i have yet to hear of any noise law getting changed back,yes,it sucks but is the way of the future. Blowboaters,lakefront property snobs etc don't have the same appreciation for dry headers on a offshore boat that some people have. The sad part is the guys who put extra loud silencers on their snowmobiles,mega phone exhaust on their quad runners and dry exhaust on their boat for no special reason other than because they love loud stuff get ALL of us unwanted negative attention then the do-gooders want laws against it but they set the limits where it affects EVERYONE,not just the worst offenders!

RollWithIt 03-16-2005 06:27 PM

There was a whole article about the new laws in California and Arizona. They also talked about the proper testing techniques. Another section of the magazine had all the noise DB laws listed for each state, if mufflers were required and if you could run switchable exhausts.