I am so pissed!! Need advice!! >

I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Notices

I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Old 03-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Yesterday, I was having a great day. Took a ride down the beach. Got home and the security arm coming into the building closed on my car. It hit the roof, bounced 4 or 5 times putting scratches and dents down my roof and then did the same on my trunk. The arm which you pass first and the gate are broken at least once a week from this happening. I went to the security gaurd at the gatehouse (he didn't open or close it, I have a remote). I said to him, "Sir, the arm just closed on my car, what shuold I do". He looks at me and said "NEXT TIME, READ THE SIGN". The sign said Caution, One car at a time, not responsable for any damage done to car. Then he said "I bet you'll read the sign next time". This old Bas***d pissed me off worse the the damage to my car. The problem is, If you do paaint work on a car like this, It has to depreciate by $10K EASY. I wouldn't buy one with paint work. What would you do. When I got there the gate and arm were open (which is very common for a Saturday) The security gaurd stops non residents. I did hit my button on the remote and had no idea the arm would come down.
Attached Thumbnails I am so pissed!! Need advice!!-benz-1.jpg   I am so pissed!! Need advice!!-cl-front-fender-small-.jpg   I am so pissed!! Need advice!!-cl-back_edited-small-.jpg  

Old 03-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Registered

Default Re: I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Damage!!
Attached Thumbnails I am so pissed!! Need advice!!-reel-andboat-scratches-wedding-027-small-3-.jpg   I am so pissed!! Need advice!!-reel-andboat-scratches-wedding-024.jpg   I am so pissed!! Need advice!!-reel-andboat-scratches-wedding-023-small-3-.jpg  

Old 03-13-2005, 07:35 AM
Registered

Not just scratches, Dents under the scratches!
Attached Thumbnails I am so pissed!! Need advice!!-reel-andboat-scratches-wedding-025.jpg   I am so pissed!! Need advice!!-reel-andboat-scratches-wedding-026-small-3-.jpg  
Old 03-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the car dented? Can you rub out the paint from the security arm. I would think the security company is responsible to have your car fixed. But if you don't want paint work done. Their not going to buy you a new car. I would have it fix buy the best body shop around and sell it. Good luck. Just my .02
Old 03-13-2005, 07:44 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

First of all there is no way that they can make that claim. You have an expectation that the gate will work properly and they are responsible to make sure that it does. Not responsible for the damage to your car is if some one opens up a door into you, or your car gets broken into and your camera gets stolen. That is part one. Call your insurance company and they will take care of it for you. I know that Amica did for me.

Next is your repair. If it is done correct there will be no depreciation on your car. My wifes car got hit and you can not tell. I used to do auto body work and I know what to look for. Make sure that they are using Glazzo or Spieze Hekker (sp) paints. There are shops in every state that specialize in high end cars. Find them, look at cars that they have done. Ask them what the damage was and see if you can tell. If you can tell then keep looking. Some one that will do that car correctly will probably pull the windows (moldings at least), removed any moldings, blend down into the sides of the car. Probably a couple grand in damage. Good luck.

Jon
Old 03-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Oh ya tell them to take a freeking foam pad to the bottom of the gate so that it will not damage a car if it drops!!!

Jon
Old 03-13-2005, 07:47 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

That Sucks!! I'd get a beater truck and just bust the arm clean off...then pull up to the gaurd shed and sideswipe his booth!! Hope all works out!!
Old 03-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks. Basically what that sign is saying is, "if this gate screws up, oh well not our fault".......

Got a feeling you are between a rock and a hard place here. It would seem to me that if there is a gate place in your community/whatever that there is some responsibility on the managers/association to be sure that it doesn't damage vehicles. Just my opinion though.

I'm glad it was not me. If I owned an automobile of that calibre and that guy smart mouthed me with what he said to you there is no doubt I would be sitting in the Iron Bar B&B right now. He should have at least apologized and offered you any options you might have. But to say what he said, no excuse. In that situation when someone who is PAID to do a job, and all he can do is come up with a smart azz answer, only one thing to do. Reasoning doesn't work. Pow........

Wouldn't be the first time I've been "detained" for smacking some azzhole.

I'm betting that your condo/homeowners/ association has some type of liability insurance. They won't tell you that of course, but they'd be total idiots not to have some type of policy. Start with them and then go legal. My two cents anyway.

Difficult being an "analog" guy in a "digital" world.

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 03-13-2005 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Registered

get an attorney and sue for the damages and the dimished value to the car.i was a manager @ palm beach mercedes and fixed several cars with the same damages you have and the sign won't cut it in court THEY ARE RESPOPNSIBLE FOR YOUR damages. your estimate of 10k is probably conservative... there isn't a used car manager at any high line dealership that doesn't have a paint mil gauge, which will show what areas of your car were painted. there is no way to hide the paint work these days no matter how good a job the painter does. if your in fla i would be happy to hook my dually to the arm and the gaurd booth and relocate them a mile or so down the road...does the fat azz guard sleep in his lil booth? i'd drag his azz down the street in the booth! the guard knows he'll never own a fine automoblie like yours, it probably cost more than the losers house so he's a tad jelous of your mack daddy ride. good luck
Old 03-13-2005, 07:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Depending on the size of the dents call around and find a pdr (paintless dent removal) guy in your area, get the one with the best reputation, the mercedes dealer probably has one they use. They can get the dents out with no prob. Secondly, they cant say they arent responsible for a peice of equpment like that, thats like saying they arent responsible if the elevator falls a floor and hurts someone. I would go into the office and speak with a higher up, let them know what the old crapper said and ask what they are going to do about it. If they say nothing then retain counsel, you'll win just may take some time.

Quick Reply: I am so pissed!! Need advice!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.