Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone near Greenwich, CT? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98532-anyone-near-greenwich-ct.html)

Sean 03-17-2005 10:53 AM

Anyone near Greenwich, CT?

JROMY, DJD, or Indy...

Don't you guys live nearby? What is the area like? Is real estate as expensive as I think? How about rentals? Wher can I go to find out more information? Where are the good marinas for hi-dry? Any help is much appreciated...

bmanafort 03-17-2005 11:03 AM

Re: Anyone near Greenwich, CT?

I am 40 minutes (no traffic of course)from greenwich and is that expensive. They are close to NY and many people commute which makes realestate out of this world. Not sure of the slip situation but the farther north you go, the cheaper it gets. I boat out of saybrook which is another 30 minutes from greenwich. Some other towns that might work for you that are close to greenwich and maybe cheaper is stamford, norwalk, bridgeport, and new haven.

TGC-32 03-17-2005 11:19 AM

I own a marina in Norwalk, CT which is about 10 miles east of Greenwich. I live in Stamford, which is about halfway between Greenwich and Norwalk. Greenwich is possibly one of the most expensive communities in the United States, but it is REALLY nice! I heard several years ago that the average new housing start-ups in Greenwich were the highest in the US, higher even than Beverly Hills, CA. Spend a day there driving around and you can see why.

Good luck!

Tom
Total Marine

Crazyhorse 03-17-2005 11:33 AM

I hear DJD has bags and bags of money just lying around,,,,,,,,,so it's all affordable to him. He owns boats (notice the plural reference) just to see how the poor people make it.

Indy 03-17-2005 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sean
JROMY, DJD, or Indy...

Don't you guys live nearby? What is the area like? Is real estate as expensive as I think? How about rentals? Wher can I go to find out more information? Where are the good marinas for hi-dry? Any help is much appreciated...

Don't you guys live nearby? Yes

What is the area like? One of the most upscale towns in the New York metro area. Beautiful area, $4MM won't get ya much there!! Movie stars, professional athletes, top executives and such. If you need specifics on real estate values, averages, etc, just let me know.

How about rentals? Sky High...again, let me know if you needs specifics.

Where are the good marinas for hi-dry? Dave (DJD) can probably help you better with this one, as far as I know, Norwalk has the only indoor rack storage in the area, but I could be wrong. The norwalk facility is approximately 15 minutes east of Greenwich via I-95.

Greenwich is a very exclusive town, beautiful homes/estates many on private roads and gated cul-de-sacs. Shopping in town tends to be high end for the people who live there. It has plenty of shoreline, but most is private. Short commute to NYC via Metro North (35-40 mins). I-95 & the Merritt Parkway run through the town so it has access to the major highways in SW CT. LGA and Kennedy are 30-35 minutes if there is no traffic. If you need more information, just give me a call or drop me an email. I can get real estate specifics quick if you need them.

SpeedGirl 03-17-2005 12:10 PM

I live 15 minutes away in NY.... I have a few contacts in CT.... How many bedrooms are you looking for? you want a house or an apartment? Will you consider Westchester County (Just over the border in NY), If so I can help since I'm a Realtor....

Oh and I know of a few marinas in Mamaroneck with Dry Storage....

Stormrider 03-17-2005 12:45 PM

Check out the Avalon Apts in Stamford... 1bdrm @ $1000.
You can take backroads to Greenwich from there, which is important.
I95 in that area SUX!

Are you moving??? What gives?
Your SB will be fun as chit in those waters.
You'll be in my neck o the woods. :drink:

Sean 03-17-2005 01:40 PM

All,

Thanks for the info...I'm just doing a bit of research at this point... :) and Speedgirl, thanks for the info too...I may be lloking for a realtor...so you'll be my first call :)

SLIP AWAY 03-17-2005 01:43 PM

Sean,

Everyone pretty much summed the Greenwich area, I'm a few minutes south in Westchester, let me know if I can be of any help.

Bill

T2x 03-17-2005 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by SLIP AWAY
Sean,

Everyone pretty much summed the Greenwich area, I'm a few minutes south in Westchester, let me know if I can be of any help.

Bill

Greenwich is where the Vanderbilts and Rockefellers go when they move up.

T2x