Notices

need legal advice about "slander"

Old 03-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: need legal advice about "slander"

Originally Posted by Phknlwyr
Threatening not to take criminal action in exchange for payment (even if it is already owed to you) would in fact be against the law. Be careful.
Yes I has a femal employee that stole a ton of money from me/my business. So I took her to court. She lost. She sent me a email that said that if I did not drop the suite that she would go after me for sexual harrasment. That ended it right there Stupid biatch.

Jon
Old 03-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phknlwyr
Damn. Which lawyer took a dump in your Wheaties this morning?
Too long a story and no resolution to be had cause the "system" is rigged in their favor. Like a kidney stone or gas, this too shall pass..
Old 03-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
What's even funnier, he admitted to owing the items in his email. .
That was my thought too. He basically admits he's in possesion of things that are supposed to go to you. No way he's got a case against you.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:22 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Steve_H
i just want whats OWED to me.
what really bothers me is , it would have taken very little effort on his part to ship my stuff to me. he's had it for months!!!
I have the samething going on with my boat too.So i know how frustrating it is to make several phone calls and emails and get none or very little response.The only response i get is more smoke blown up my ass by the dealer and manufactor and i'm not waiting any longer.Attorney is sending out a letter next week if my items arn't taking care of by the 28 of march.The ironic thing about it is they're using my boat pic on their website to promote their new boats.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Registered

Wink Re: need legal advice about "slander"

Steve, go ahead and post his name, you saw my response and you did what you could for me. I'm sure we all want to get rid of these type of brokers. Look for my post again, and the one of the broker. Some good news finally.TRichter
Old 03-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Registered

Re: need legal advice about "slander"

Steve, I know the guy who you are talking about. He asked me to reply to your post on this website so I opened an account today to reply.
He is willing to do what it takes to get this problem resolved, but you are really making it hard for him to do when you keep blasting your anger around cyberspace. First off I met you when you picked up the boat last year and I know and you know what was done to the boat prior to you picking up the boat. I know he emailed you pictures of the engines being built. Every part that went back on those engines were perfect and he even custom painted certain parts of the engines HP blue for you at no additional cost to really make it nice for you. The carpet you refer to was a spare cockpit carpet that is red that came with the boat that you forgot to put in your truck the day you picked up the boat. He filled the gas tank and took you for a tour of the boating area and met up with other friends. He introduced you to many people and bought you and your girlfriend lunch that day. The boat performed flawlessly and you were very happy especially happy with how clean the motors looks. You drove the boat for about 3 hrs. and then he gave you some pointers on operation and places to go on your trip back to LOTO. You wanted a list of what was done to the boat in case you ever sold the boat which you have not received yet and wanted some extra trim rings to put on the other gauges in front of the throttle which were not included in the sale of the boat but cost about 10 dollars. Then you left on your trip back. He gave you his cell phone # and said to call him if you have any problems on the way back because he knew you were going to be running the boat at every body of water you could on the way back home. You then left on your trip.
The next day you called him Sunday and said you were on a sandbar in the San Francisco bay some where and you were being towed of and were concerned about the engines getting hot and full of sand and wanted to know if you could stop by on your way out of town and have the engines checked. He said no problem. You came by and he did a full check on the engines and ran them and back flushed them. He then sanded and painted the lower units for you for a total cost of 0.00$ He said hey don't forget your red carpet.Carpet was left again. You thanked him for everything he did and went on your way and had a awesome trip home as you stated in some pictures you put on OSO last year. Your gripe about the paper work was way overdone and un nessesary. I received your email that you sent to some 30 to 40 people and was appalled and then you put it on this post. Is the boat running bad or are you planning to sell the boat? This guy is one of the best and detailed boat repair guys in the country and you know it. He is honest and fair in what he does. I just had to put some of what I know is true about this guy in this post because I know that this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. If you were missing outdrives or something blew in the motors it would be different. I took his torch away yesterday and gave him a lesson in how to use the UPS website. He did say that he was sending some cheese to go with your Whine!!!!
PS Steve, I saw the Gaffrig control with trim in the handle he was going to give you free. Good luck with the free part of that deal.
Sincerely, One very happy customer you emailed
Old 03-23-2005, 01:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
i dont wish this guy any ill will even after his "im going to burn everything" comment. everyone loses their temper once in awhile and regret what they say.
i just want whats OWED to me.
what really bothers me is , it would have taken very little effort on his part to ship my stuff to me. he's had it for months!!!
Kinda like your e-mail to everybody on his e-mail list
Old 03-23-2005, 01:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Typical..... What is it with the jack asses out on the left coast that live beond thier means, screw people then think it is our responsibility to let it slide when they screw us?

Jon

well BS!! it aint the side of the coast!!!

I have personally had issues with deadbeat loosers on the right side,
well maybe you got your belly pointing towards aligator land and facing space. the snow has you binded and your brain is frozen. cause it isnt the side of the country,.,
you probably remember the 4 or so yrs ago i bought a boat 35 fountain with bad motors and drives, advertised with new motors and drives, not few hundred dollars worth of chit
10's of thousands!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just one example.
I shoulda broke his AZZ and sued him up the river,
then there is the winners like national marine,, oh yeah!! nice......
,, not going to start coming up with all the the other chit i have seen read and heard etc,,

I can come up with as many or more people from the west coast that got f-d by oakies and easties,,
i think you should really rephraze your whole statmnt,,
also i know more people in my neighborhood that could buy and sell you and all you got every day of the week cash than you could shake a stick at. sounds like jealousy. but still
Not a cool statment.

Jonas
Old 03-23-2005, 01:32 AM
Registered

GasHog, So the guy is the best guy in the world... great!

So great of a guy it takes him a year to send the stuff

KNOB!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRichter
Steve, go ahead and post his name, you saw my response and you did what you could for me. I'm sure we all want to get rid of these type of brokers. Look for my post again, and the one of the broker. Some good news finally.TRichter
FYI
he is not a broker, he is a high performance repair shop,
from an outsider point of view i think he did steve a favor he basically built to suit this boat, he does very good work, as steve will atest too,
i could care less about this but i got fired up when i read stuff like audifnn wrote,
the shop when boat ws being picked up even took him out showd him around helped him etc,
I know i saw them at the lauch ramp, i think its an issue of shop being slammed with business and the new boat owner very worried about everything, i know been on both sides of that sitck..
I am sure as hell not making excuses for anyone here!!!
but it was a great deal for steve i spoke with him thru the process, he got a great boat, that he wanted.. i think the shop owner as someone else posted on here said is thinkign i will get around to it and keeps getting side tracked with other business phones customers family kids employees emerg4ency calls people running aground blowning drives motors etc,its ok he can still run his boat with out this stuff, and as you know its always urgent when its yours, i know it is when its mine.
hell my last boat deal i am still waitnig on a set of props.
one thing i can say for this shop is that i gaurantee if he said he is good for it, he is!! ( no national here)
i think that its a small issue in the grand scheme of things and i can easily be worked out,
ps how is your boat running steve?
i saw you had a post thinking about a cat? is that still on your mind?
as we have discussed before i dont think you have a worry in the world,,
take care and have a great day,
call me if you need anything,
Jonas

Quick Reply: need legal advice about "slander"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.