Hopefully good news on stolen boat >

Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Notices

Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Old 03-20-2005, 06:25 PM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do?

[QUOTE=TRichter][I was trying to work with the buyer and the both of us go after J.P., but now he's scared and won't talk to me./QUOTE]

If you have his phone number The boys in new york could get his address grab him and see were the boat is

Rick OSG
Old 03-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=ONESICKGLADIATOR][QUOTE=TRichter][I was trying to work with the buyer and the both of us go after J.P., but now he's scared and won't talk to me./QUOTE]

If you have his phone number The boys in new york could get his address grab him and see were the boat is
See as soon as you mention hoodlums,Rick chimes in.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hired a PI and they ran an assett check, none to be found, only a bank account with a negative balance. He's hiding the money somewhere, I would think that the I.R.S. would be interested in shady dealers like this, and if he claimed the money he ripped off from me.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:16 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Offer still stands....Me and a couple of friends.....Salzimar and Louis
Attached Thumbnails Hopefully good news on stolen boat-hockey-003.jpg  
Old 03-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to this site. It's free.
www.ripoffreport.com
Old 03-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Registered

just curious, but since you keep hearing it is a civil matter, I thought I would ask. I looked at the consignment agreement on his web page. I assume you executed one of these when you gave him your boat to sell.

There is a section for term of the agreement "from ___ to ___" WHen was the term supposed to expire- before or after he sold the boat? It is a long shot, but if the term of the consignment agreement had expired, you may have an argument that the contractual relationship (civil stuff) had expired, and he refused to return your property. It may look a lot more like theft to the DA/Police, and less like civil then, although it has been my experience that "its a civil matter" is sometimes a way of passing the buck by cops and prosecutors when they actually could do something.

Good luck,
physh
Old 03-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Registered

Just wanted to inform everyone, Nathan called me tonight is is supposed to have his attorney contact me in the next few days. He has agreed to sell the boat and I will be out from under it. I will cut my losses, big as they are, but want this over with. Hope this is not a ploy, talked to him for 20 minutes tonight and at the end I asked if he had got a call from someone from OSO, or read read the post. He said he didn't. His attorney had finally been able to convince the DA of Travis County, Tx., to prosecute the broker of fraud. And he decided to get this over with.
The boat will be up for sell in the next week, anyone interested? She's a jewel, with only 257Hrs on 525's, one moter had a valve job at 172 hrs and the other has about three hours since rebuild from overheating. On board ac, Gill select choice, cool water bypass, MSD ignition, Pyrometers, the list goes on. Too many upgrades to list. I had $110,000.00 in it and Nathen has spent another $12,000.00 on it. A 94 with only 257 hours on the hull and fresh motors, what a steal. He will be asking $65,000.00. Thanks all for your help and comments. TRichter
Old 03-22-2005, 09:32 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good to hear...
Old 03-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by TRichter
Just wanted to inform everyone, Nathan called me tonight is is supposed to have his attorney contact me in the next few days. He has agreed to sell the boat and I will be out from under it. I will cut my losses, big as they are, but want this over with. Hope this is not a ploy, talked to him for 20 minutes tonight and at the end I asked if he had got a call from someone from OSO, or read read the post. He said he didn't. His attorney had finally been able to convince the DA of Travis County, Tx., to prosecute the broker of fraud. And he decided to get this over with.
The boat will be up for sell in the next week, anyone interested? She's a jewel, with only 257Hrs on 525's, one moter had a valve job at 172 hrs and the other has about three hours since rebuild from overheating. On board ac, Gill select choice, cool water bypass, MSD ignition, Pyrometers, the list goes on. Too many upgrades to list. I had $110,000.00 in it and Nathen has spent another $12,000.00 on it. A 94 with only 257 hours on the hull and fresh motors, what a steal. He will be asking $65,000.00. Thanks all for your help and comments. TRichter
cool
sounds like the guilty party will get whats coming to him!!

Old 03-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Registered

Smile Hopefully good news on stolen boat

See my post "Robbed by a broker" look at the last page. Thanks all!!! Tom Richter

Quick Reply: Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.