Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hopefully good news on stolen boat >

Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Notices

Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Old 03-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do?

Originally Posted by 32 thunder
Go get the boat!!!!!!! As long as you have the title you are ok.
Got to find it first, Nathan lives in Lees Summit and boats at Lake of the Ozarks, big area to try and find something, especially when I don't know the area. Tom
Old 03-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
If I understand this correctly....You are still making payments on a boat you haven't seen in 2 1/2 years? You hold the title and law enforcement says it's a civil matter?
I have to say something sounds odd.....and that it would become a civil matter when I backed up to that boat and someone tried to stop me.
Russ C.
Hey Russ, I don't want to go to jail over this, I just want my boat back so I can get out from under the payments. $910.00 plus insurance
Old 03-18-2005, 01:04 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Declare it stolen.

If you still had the insurance call them, make a claim fr stolen.

Call the Sheriff in your county and the county where the boat is and tell them where it is. Call your insurance company also.

Better yet ... have your lawyer call the sheriff's and your insurance company with the location.

And last, why do you trust people like that? Specially after the National Marine debacle. Anyone says "I'll make your payments" run away with your sh!t...
Old 03-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I want pictures of Sean H. in or pullinf a Fountain, Tom ist time to lawer up! and get nasty.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:12 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Ohhh yes.... forgot the most important...

Find out where this salesman guy lives, seduce his wife or GF, bang them send him pictures, burn anything he owns outright and steal his dog.

All this figuratively of course, well maybe not about the wife/gf deal if she's good looking...

Last edited by GLH; 03-18-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I want pictures of Sean H. in or pullinf a Fountain, Tom ist time to lawer up! and get nasty.
Allready spent $2500.00 in attorney fees and P.I. got a judgement for $110,000.00 plus 5* interest, doesn't do much good when the broker is good at hiding his money and I can't find any to garnish. My attorney told me it would cost another $5000.00 to get and attorney in MO., plus a bond for the value amount of the boat, a week or two out of town expenses, travel, plus court costs. I might also be able to get rembursed for the payments for the last couple of years, since Nathan knew about it for a few months after buying it. I'm getting tired of spending hard earned cash for no results, just paper from a court. I am just starting a new bussiness and money is tight. Tom

Last edited by TRichter; 03-18-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that blows. Hope you get your boat back. Sucks for the new guy but he did buy it with out title....... Good luck

Jon
Old 03-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Registered

if the guy is using the boat, I'd bet the OSO detective team could find that boat in a heart-beat,, if someone hasn't already seen it... post some pics..
Old 03-18-2005, 01:27 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take this bull by the horns and eff it like it needs to be done!!!! I wish I was in the area. Sell the boat to an OSO member for a buck that lives there and someone will get the boat. I'd do it but I'm pretty far. Once the boat is in "safe"custody sell it back to you for the buck. Otherwise, just get in the car and make it a road trip.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:53 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TRichter
Hey Russ, I don't want to go to jail over this, I just want my boat back so I can get out from under the payments. $910.00 plus insurance
Like Chris288 said....someone has seen this boat. The board can do alot of the detective work for you if you ask. Sue "Nathan" to produce proper documentation that he owns the boat, because you have proper documentation that shows YOU own the boat. A simple title search should sort that one out.
Nathan can then sue the broker and get a worthless piece of paper instead of you holding it.
I'm real easy to get along with, but if you screw me that bad, I won't sleep until I get restitution.
Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.