Hopefully good news on stolen boat >

Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Notices

Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Old 03-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do?

Even thought you are the rightful owner, does that still give you the right to enter private property to retreive it w/o getting arrested yourself fro trespassing? Hopefully someone can answer this from a legal aspect.
Just a thought.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Do you have the title in hand? I didn't think you could hold the title if you are still making payments. I would think the lending institution would have the title.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:13 PM
HTM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do?

I agree, go get your Boat!!!!!!!!!!
Also I would delete this ASAP I'm sure someone here knows this guy and I would'nt want him to get wind of this and hide the boat somewhere. It would be real easy for him to start parting it out to try to recover some of his money!!!!!!!!!
There are already too many people who know about this you need to be stealth, and quietly go get your boat.
Good luck!!!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wananewboat
Do you have the title in hand? I didn't think you could hold the title if you are still making payments. I would think the lending institution would have the title.
I have a Duplicate title with my name and the lenders on it.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Registered

No Way.........I Live in that neighborhood in Lees Summit, Do I need to stop by and check this deal out!!

Anything for a fellow OSO member!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 04:22 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Cool, report back with your findings.

Tom, did you call the police in Lee's Summit to report the theft? If so, what did they say??? If not, what are you waiting for?
Old 03-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTM
I agree, go get your Boat!!!!!!!!!!
Also I would delete this ASAP I'm sure someone here knows this guy and I would'nt want him to get wind of this and hide the boat somewhere. It would be real easy for him to start parting it out to try to recover some of his money!!!!!!!!!
There are already too many people who know about this you need to be stealth, and quietly go get your boat.
Good luck!!!!!
Need to locate it first, just got a pic from a fellow member who drove by his house to see if it was there. Restricted community and no place to store it there. The boat is probably at a marina at LOTO.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do?

What would I do?

File a police report that "your" boat and trailer were stolen. Provide any information you may have to the police and wait for an arrest to be made and then press charges. Notify your insurance company of the theft and provide a police report... get an attorney... then look at the legal options you have.

Right?
Old 03-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
What would I do?

File a police report that "your" boat and trailer were stolen. Provide any information you may have to the police and wait for an arrest to be made and then press charges. Notify your insurance company of the theft and provide a police report... get an attorney... then look at the legal options you have.

Right?
That would be a false report. The boat was picked up by the broker with my permission, makes it a civil case.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TRichter
That would be a false report. The boat was picked up by the broker with my permission, makes it a civil case.
But the boat wasn't returned to you by the Broker so it has been stolen, either by the Broker or the person who thinks he bought it from the Broker, You have the title, it's your boat , go retrieve it. If you have his insurance agent, you might want to ask them how come they are insuring your boat for some one else, if he doesn't have a title how did he get insurance on the boat?

Quick Reply: Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.