Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pickwick Challenge Music!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98966-pickwick-challenge-music.html)

sellsman11 03-23-2005 02:49 PM

Pickwick Challenge Music!!

Here's the deal...Pier 57 is trying to decide on a major band for the Pickwick Challenge May 13 - 15...Who would you want to hear? Within reason we are open for any ideas. If you plan on coming...here is your chance to pick the entertainment. Bob Seger is out. Names mentioned are Kansas, Foreigner, Doobie Brothers, Allman Brothers.... :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

LIOPA 03-23-2005 02:58 PM

Re: Pickwick Challenge Music!!

Wont be there but my vote would be DOOBIES......most # of hit sons as well

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-23-2005 03:09 PM

Three Doors Down would be great if you could get them. They have done music videos for Dale Jr. that also starred Tony Stewart in it as well.

fund razor 03-23-2005 03:12 PM

Do you mean next year?

I have been out of the music business for a few years now, but when I left... we normally booked more than 7 weeks out.

If a band can be acquired with less then two months advance booking.... they might not be playing so well these days.

tomtbone1993 03-23-2005 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Three Doors Down would be great if you could get them. They have done music videos for Dale Jr. that also starred Tony Stewart in it as well.

Three Doors Down is a Anhuser Busch Sponsored band, Pier 57 could get with AB and help split the bill ;) my guess would be around 150K for the night.

sellsman11 03-23-2005 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
If a band can be acquired with less then two months advance booking.... they might not be playing so well these days.

Some booked some not booked, the bands that I mentioned are available. You make a good point but there are several Larger Named bands that are available.

Three Doors Down was not available.

fund razor 03-23-2005 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by sellsman11
Some booked some not booked, the bands that I mentioned are available. You make a good point but there are several Larger Named bands that are available.

I guess that May 13-15 falls before the county fair schedule really kicks in.

masher44 03-23-2005 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by sellsman11
Here's the deal...Pier 57 is trying to decide on a major band for the Pickwick Challenge May 13 - 15...Who would you want to hear? Within reason we are open for any ideas. If you plan on coming...here is your chance to pick the entertainment. Bob Seger is out. Names mentioned are Kansas, Foreigner, Doobie Brothers, Allman Brothers.... :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Hometown boy Daryl Worley :D

Magicfloat 03-23-2005 06:15 PM

I understand the remaining members of the Allman Brothers and Lynard Skynard are booking dates together. If so,that would be cool.We will be there regardless. Robert

sellsman11 03-23-2005 08:59 PM

A local favorite is Grand Funk Railroad. Not a huge name but a good group. :evilb: