Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dumb things people say to you at the boat ramp (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99009-dumb-things-people-say-you-boat-ramp.html)

raceboat rus 03-23-2005 09:26 PM

Dumb things people say to you at the boat ramp

Dumb thing people say to you at the boat ramp.

Do you go fishing much ?

Why do you want a boat that goes so fast ?

I got a cousin who got a black max on his boat and it will out run your rig ?

Is that one of those Cigar Boats ?

Did that boat realy set a world record?

Where do you put the fishin rods ?

Is that boat as fast as those Miami Vice boats ?

I was going to get a boat like that but my wife wanted a new dinning room set insted.

My Dad rode with Guy Lombardo in a boat like that.

What have they said to you…?

Sean H 03-23-2005 09:30 PM

Re: Dumb things people say to you at the boat ramp

muttered by the new girl running the gas pumps at a small marina.... i don't go to the ramps very often...

"holy chit..... 300 bucks..." :D

t500hps 03-23-2005 09:35 PM

Had an old guy say something about it being a nice boat, but would rather have one that was paid for. I was happy to tell him it WAS paid for. (as he loaded his 1976 tri-hull)

Waterfoul 03-23-2005 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps
Had an old guy say something about it being a nice boat, but would rather have one that was paid for. I was happy to tell him it WAS paid for. (as he loaded his 1976 tri-hull)

Hey, I have a 1972 Trihull!! And I get asked about it nearly every time I launch it. What year is it? Original Merc? Etc....

Formula Outlaw 03-23-2005 09:43 PM

"Would you take me for a ride"?????????

from a guy....................:eek: :eek:

one word answer: NO..................

PWRQWST 03-23-2005 09:43 PM

How many motors does that thing have

How much did that cost

Why does anyone need a boat that big

Isn't that to long to pull

Why would anyone want something like that

The last was my favorite I just smiled and backed it off the trailer :D

Notched_Baja 03-23-2005 09:57 PM

Is that one of those $10,000 boats? Yep

Sean H 03-23-2005 10:02 PM

"i have never seen a fiberglass pontoon...."

i was actually speechless at that one... then he proceeded to tell me about his son's mastercraft and how fast and scary it was.... i just nodded and then fired up about 1000 HP and he decided to stop telling me how fast his boys boat with a 350 was... :rolleyes:

jdnca1 03-23-2005 10:15 PM

What's that thing got in it a 454?

Got that one several times after I fired up a 10.5:1 632" with a big solid roller in it and Dry CMI's,..... :D It was funny to watch people jump out of their skin when it fired. scary thing was they were being serious! I just smiled and told them a 632, which led too... "632 hp?" :p Nah, try 900... :rolleyes:

yss 03-23-2005 10:21 PM

Why do you want/need a boat like that? - always pisses me off. I even hear it from some of my clueless close friends (from work mostly). Makes me wanna strangle them!

Does it have to be so loud? Another one that pisses me off. I always answer with - What???

This wasn't at the ramps. A girl I was dating looked over at the gauges and said - Are we going 180 miles an hour!!! I said "no". She says "YES YOU ARE!! SLOW DOWN!! It says it right there! 180." It was the temp gauge. (she's blonde -go figure) This is the same girl that I brought to the St. Patrick's day parade in Chicago & she asked - "When do they dye the river back to its natural color?":eek: