Notices

Interesting Picture

Old 03-24-2005, 11:11 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Interesting Picture

Size may be different but hands down even with the same power the Skater is a faster better handling boat. Nortech is a great design but a Skater it will never be.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After talking to Peter I learned that you can get a Skater in whatever deck height you want because they are all custom built. The Skater in the picture appears to have a very low deck Height which makes it appear to be a smaller boat.

Scott Conrad has two 40's at his shop, one with a very low deck and the other looks like a fairly standard height. The one with a cut down deck looks like a smaller boat parked side by side but the running surface is the same.

Since the Nortechs have cabins i would assume that their deck height is fairly tall?
Old 03-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Registered

I found this pic that I took of the 40's. It's not a great picture but you can kind of tell how much taller the 40 on the left is than the one on the right with the cut down deck.

Old 03-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

No picture!
Old 03-24-2005, 02:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DPT

Do you speak from personal experience or is your assumption opinion based. The skater should be faster since it is lighter and smaller in general. But with big horsepower I think your assumption is incorrect. The Nor-tech has a larger tunnel,but once you get it packing air it will flat out run. I myself can speak from personal experience since I have been in both at 150+ and there is no comparison as far as stability. I would agree with you on the speed side of things if you are comparing a Nor-tech vs a Skater and they only had around 900 hp per side,(since the skater is lighter and has a smaller tunnel). As far as style and being like skater, I don't think Nor-tech has any interest in being like them. Skater caters to racers Nor-tech caters to customers.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts
Talking Re: Interesting Picture

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
no Fountain jokes please.......

I just saved 30 post or so

GOOD ONE! HAHAHAHAHA
You beat me to it
Old 03-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Cool Re: Interesting Picture

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Size may be different but hands down even with the same power the Skater is a faster better handling boat. Nor-tech is a great design but a Skater it will never be.
Bold one, just wondering if you've owned both Skater and Nor-tech. I have and feel this statement to be a bit on the false side. First you can't compare a race boat to a performance pleasure boat. Nor-tech has never claimed to be a race boat. This thread was simply a size comparison, but since you've opened the door here goes. Gonna buy a race boat, get a Skater Mti, Platinum, Doug Wright(sorry Maximus, Spectre too). Gonna buy a performance pleasure poker run cat Nor-tech all the way. You would kick yourself if ya didn't. My Nor-tech handles incredibly well, and with the same power set up my Nor-tech runs the same speeds my Skater did, and my Nor-tech is 1400lbs heavier.I AM NOT KNOCKING SKATER, they've been the top dog for years. But there's a few manufactures saying I know ya hear me knocking, so let me in. Again just my opinion.

Last edited by blingbling; 03-24-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Registered

Thats a huge diffrence!!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 03:22 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
I found this pic that I took of the 40's. It's not a great picture but you can kind of tell how much taller the 40 on the left is than the one on the right with the cut down deck.

that is a nice garage...
Old 03-24-2005, 03:37 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Nortechs are beautiful crafted pieces of marine machinery. I can not say that I speak from an owners experience but having viewed many of these boats for pleasure, race , poker run or what ever the fancy may be Skater has always come out on top every time. Everyone at Nortech should take pride in what they build as many of the boats are beautiful pieces of art. My opinions may be bias but then again it is a free country and individuals opinions should not be frowned upon.

Quick Reply: Interesting Picture

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.