Like Tree0Likes

Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ??

Old 03-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered

My Boats: 33 baja
Default Re: Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ??

Word of mouth is the best form of advertisment.Raylar take your own advise AND LET YOUR CUSTOMERS SPEAK.Ithink you should spend more time doing business,Less time HYjacking oso.NOT more than ONE BOAT RUNNING 270 threads.ALL those engine biulders I mentioned above have lots engines out there.One of them had to fix your heads .another told me last week the heads didnt come close to 50 hp over stock.Like I said above all the parts he sent me were common and can be bought anywere.except for rusty cranks. I could care less if your stuff works.All the competition bashing youve done will come back to haunt you.Its just amatter of time.I know Im not the only one that feels this way.Ive done my homework and your transparet in 496 industry .You just keep HYJACKING 496 threads .I geuss its free advertisment! 100hp or150hp claimed by Ralars own words Actual in water use+14 mph .Sorry Ray some of us know better truth be know it takes 17 to20hp to make 1mph in a boat and double in twin engines. WHEN you pay for the ad it can be manipulated sorry.Just to get back to the subject this guy looking for someone to help him I think he should do some more research.like I said before you dont have beleave do some homework.I would think the people that would be installing these so called great parts would be the shops that are allready playing with 496s Call any three of the above engine shops an then make a decision

Last edited by crayolacrazy; 03-26-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Registered

Wink Re: Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ??

Some one here only has 56 threads in which he has spent most bashing and trash talking. I have plenty of folks on OSO who will speak to the content of my threads. I only answer about the things I am knowlegeable in and can give solid advise in my threads. I don't hyjack threads and I am certainly done trading barbs with someone who does not know enough about 496 engines to stay out of his own way.

Ray @ Raylar
Old 03-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Registered

Default Re: Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ??

GOOD now take your own advice .Whip the guy in your shipping department,fire the person that fogets to send invoices,and definatly quit useing UPS they are F KIN up your business LIKE I SAID BEFORE WORD OF MOUTH IS THE BEST ADVERTISMENT .ITS ALL ABOUT YOU 100 150hp shows 14mph BS
Old 03-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Registered

GOOD now take your own advice .Whip the guy in your shipping department,fire the person that fogets to send invoices,and definatly quit useing UPS they are F KIN up your business LIKE I SAID BEFORE WORD OF MOUTH IS THE BEST ADVERTISMENT .ITS ALL ABOUT YOU 100 150hp shows 14mph BS I never claimed to be an engine guy .Thats why I listen to you . youve set of my bs detecter to many times Id hate to see any nieve OSO members fall for same crap. Quit trying to flip this around every thing I said is true you cant dispute it . All you can do is bash me ,OH IGUESS YOU CANT WHIP OR FIRE YOUR SELF .I still dont understand why you rip all the part no. of my parts.seam sneeky. an boy did I get a laugh when I asked maula about those piston you desighed and then they did said you were a good customer.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

My Boats: Sonic USA Prowler

so how many hours did you get a quote for to do it?
Old 03-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ??

Excuse our present basher. The thread is about where and how to get our Raylar kits installed. I have been in contact with Chris and given him a reference. If you OSO'ers can give him any good ones it would be appreciated. As for the installation costs I can tell you that the 15 or so that have already been completed have cost about $2,000 to $2400 in shops who have pulled the motor for the changeout. It will obviously depend on the boat, whether or not the motors pulled and who's doing the work. There are about 10 more kits that have shipped and will be installed in the next few weeks and I am sure their will be posts and articles about those. Glad to see more interest in the East as the weather improves. Going to be a fun year for a lot of 496 owners.

Ray @ Raylar
Old 03-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Registered

Fifteen kits = one reference? Those shops must be in another country. fifteen kits ,fourteen mph .JUST BROKE THE BBBBSSSS DETECTOR. 25 customers = ONE MOTER RUNNING. Speaking of bashing It was just last week when you HYJACKED the Eddie marine exaust resaults.I also thought it was very funny how you were perched in Miami on Arizona speed an marines 600HP 496,an when it was covenient you told me it was discontinued because of intake issues.Ive read on oso some of your other ASM. bashing , You were all over the ASM,s kit installed on the Baja .THE other thing you seam to like to do is explain every one else,s 496 product an then tell whats wrong with it .do you want MORE. All my info came out of the side of Rays neck. I bet Tyler can make more hp from stock heads then your heads ,Your heads = to 1.5#s boost on my engines SO glad I didnt waist my money. theGOOD news is there is another cylinder mfg. coming out with HEADS.

Last edited by crayolacrazy; 03-27-2005 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Registered

RAYLAR: why did you delete all that Knowledge,Imean bashing,hyjacking,and BBBSSS.ALL THAT KNOWLEDGE GONE. Not I saved it.DATES AND TIMES IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

Last edited by crayolacrazy; 03-27-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 288 SUNSATION

Wow did this turn into a cluster F.... well, while I have heard from ONE dissatisfied Raylar customer I haven't hear from any others that were or weren't,, so I guess the question IS,, who has Raylar parts on their boats and what was your experience ??

On another note,, the reason I started this thread,,, Yes most shops I have spoken with want to remove the entire engine to do a cam and head swap,, a little excessive in my mind and very costly,, around 1,500 one place wanted 1,800 but that was with a dyno run,,, guess that would have put the naysayers and this arguement to bed.. If I have to pay 2,000 to somebody to install a cam and some heads plus the expense of the kit,, its just not worth it in my mind for 75 hp.. That was the purpose of this thread,, find somebody who is qualifed to do the job on the side/weekend/shop/no shop, I don't care,, just want a reasonable price,, and 1,500 - 2,00 is not reasonable in my mind.. I will keep calling around..
Old 03-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Those prices are fine...1800 with a dyno run is good..always very good to dial with a dyno after a job.